Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to do some suspension upgrades to my zzr600 (primarily a track bike). I can tell the front forks are way too soft for me so I'm planning racetech springs and maybe gold valves to go with them, but I've never had a complaint about the back shock for all the press that says it sucks. However, my only reference point is a completely stock sv650, so I might not even know what good suspension feels like.
So, my question is, everyone that has done a zx6r or zx10r shock swap, could you tell a difference? What were the benefits?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2000 zx6r same bike as your zzr. I have done an 05 zx6r rear shock on my bike, it does make a huge difference. Its a little more firm and the adjustability gives you alot more to work with than the stocker. Personally i never thought the adjustments on the stock shock made that much of a difference. I actually just picked up a penske shock pretty cheap, so my 05 zx6r rear shock is for sale if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2000 zx6r same bike as your zzr. I have done an 05 zx6r rear shock on my bike, it does make a huge difference. Its a little more firm and the adjustability gives you alot more to work with than the stocker. Personally i never thought the adjustments on the stock shock made that much of a difference. I actually just picked up a penske shock pretty cheap, so my 05 zx6r rear shock is for sale if your interested pm me.
Thanks for the feed back. I ended up getting a zx10r shock off a 2008. I figured since I'm stiffening up the front I should at least try to have the back match.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I went with an 09 ZX6R shock. I love it. Works well for me since I weigh about 215 lbs. Others feel they're too stiff out the box, but they're typically lighter than I am obviously. 07/08 ZX6R shock, from what I understand, work better for lighter guys than the 09. Just something I read here, so don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
i was considering parting with my front forks which were revalved and have 1.2kg springs in them, in exchance for stockers and cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts