Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested? I am shopping around to see what I can get.

I am looking at Alum. rims for my next mod. Would rather pay less.

Anyone?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'd like to have a set of these, but how much lighter than stock are they? Also, how many body parts am i going to have to sell on the black market to get a set?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read 25% weight savings from stock. But that is less ROTATING mass so it has a bigger difference than static mass.

You will probably have to sell a slice of your liver and lots of plasma and semen. [:p]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Is there a limit to how many sets I can buy? I'll take 40 sets... because that's how I roll! haha

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah its getting pretty damn hard to drop weight from the standard wheel especillay the 05/06's...

I am debating throwing on a set of carrozzerria wheels, but the weight is not that much, and for the price i can get them no other manufacture can get close to...We shall see here in the next 3 weeks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like to get some DYMAG or BST carbons, Maybe your source can hook it up along with the Mags ?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
On the secret supplier he does marchesini products as well..If you want me to see what he sells them for let me know exactly what you want...
Another option may be the Carrozzerria forged aluminum wheels..
I know he told me $1200 shipped to the door on those.
takes maybe a week to get them..you wont beat that one anywhere.
just not so sure on the actual weight saving on the ZX6R 05/06 or 03/04

i will be doing some research on this in the next 2 weeks as i am seriously wanting some new BLING!!
Either my RC51 or ZX6R will be sporting a set of these..but the RC51 wheels weigh a ton..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what can he get a set of Marchesini forged aluminum rims for an 04 zx6r?

I like the look of marchesini better than the carrozerria wheels. 1200 shipped is an awesome price though

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I can get the Carrozzerria for $1300 shipped to your door if there are 5 buyers. If we can get 15 buyers, he said he would be willing to do it for $1200 shipped. If this other guy comes through, cool... If not, I've got a solid hookup! IIRC, he said list price is $1600 in the book. This is to gauge interest and see how many people are seriously interested and ready to buy. The more people, the cheaper--it's that simple. I would imagine I can get him to do $1250 or so for 10 people since he's doing $1300 for 5 people and $1200 for 15 people.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does he have Marchesini wheels? I'm not really digging the carrozzeria styling.

Thanks for checking the price though. Keep us updated

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by OhBriansZX6R

Yes but I didn't discuss the prices with him on those. He just put a set of the Carrozzeria wheels on his RC51. I can check tomorrow, if you'd like. I'm going to be working with them to bring several group buys to the forum for you guys, but you have to tell me what you want.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This might turn into a Carrozerria GB instead of a Marchesini :p

Im stuck on the marchesini, they are fucking sexy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
fuck alum go with the forged magnesium wheels boy 45% weight reduction woo hooo

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by OhBriansZX6R

Talked to him today briefly about the Marchesini wheels and he expressed that they are MUCH more expensive, in general.. That's why he went with the Carrozzeria's on his own bike.

From my understanding, we'd be looking at something around $1600 for the Marchesini, but don't quote me on that. That may have been HIS cost--I'm not sure.

He's interested in doing other group buys like windscreens and seat cowls, or whatever everyone is interested in.. sprockets, chains, whatever. I'd like to find something where I'm not necessarily helping to create direct competition with forum sponsors though. I don't want to take business away from Solo, or from A.K.. They're good people, and I'm not making any money off of helping my friends shop. I'm not getting anything out of it at all. I just wanted to help bring good prices to my fellow Kawi boys, but I don't want to create any problems for the sponsors and vendors.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WANT! [}:)]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Too bad, I kinda wanted to get the Marches. but instead going the OE 05-06 6 spokes for my 03. Good luck on the group buy.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well as i keyed up here is the go around again....

Marchesini forged aluminum with AFAM sprocket 1700 shipped
Carrozzerria forged aluminum are 1200 shipped

there is no group buy just everyday low costs....

also from what i am told marchesini may take up to 4 weeks to get at your door..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.