Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my front 5mm and now the bike feels heavy. I have had a 120/70/17 front tire, and just now got around to lowering the forks. At first, or at slow speed, it feels good, a bit quicker maybe, but once I get un to 50+ it does not want to move as easily. It is a heavy feel, it takes more effort.

I set my steering damper (gpr) to 1 thinking it could be that, but nothing really changed.

Is it just me? I thought lowering the front would help to turn in quicker?

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Hows the tire pressure?

N

·
0 Posts
i dont remember if my 04 felt heavy after the drop. i do know that it took me a little while to get used to the difference in handling.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
put the forks back up. You don't need to drop them when you 'up' the tire size. It's not really a 5mm diff. And it depends on what tire too. Different brands have different profiles for the same size. Dropping the forks changes the rake. Makes it sharper. Making it sharper increases the tank slaps and head shakes when push comes to shove. And, if it really was a case of dropping your forks to 'compensate', then you'd drop them when you put new tires on, and lift the bike up as the tire wears. And who does that? There's no need.. And yes, I've ridden 2 bikes back to back, mine untouched with a 70, and a mates dropped 10mm (which was 'kin dangerous), then raised so it was dropped 5mm.. And it didn't feel a heap different to mine, but still wasn't quite the same, but still more flighty than mine. I really wouldn't stress on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.