Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 10 am today one of my friends and a SBN member received a phone call from his roommate saying that their apartment was on fire. Thankfully no one was injured in the fire, but he lost everything inside of it. I helped him add everything up that he had lost and it was around $7000 in electronics, clothes, books, etc. This is just the stuff that he had lost in the fire, not including his three roommates.

There were two buildings that burned which included 32 units and at least 100 people (4 in some units, 2 in others). All these people have lost everything that they had in their apartment at the time which is mostly everything they own, most importantly clothes and food.

My friend is a web designer and set up a donation site so you can give if you would like. 1 dollar isn't much but it does add up and that can help turn people's lives around. So if you would please help out a fellow rider and many other students.

Campus Trails Fire Victim Donations

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll kick in a little. Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot man.

To everyone else I know these are hard times and I understand if you can't help out.

Red Cross gave all the people in the apartments a $180 debit card for food and clothes, and the landlord is giving them hotel rooms until they can get back into an apartment.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,695 Posts
Thanks a lot man.

To everyone else I know these are hard times and I understand if you can't help out.

Red Cross gave all the people in the apartments a $180 debit card for food and clothes, and the landlord is giving them hotel rooms until they can get back into an apartment.

That's good of the landlord. Hope all works out.

Wish I could help but I'm laying down $4,000 today :\

That's one expensive hooker. Hope she's worth it. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
He had renter's insurance, right? That should replace most of the things, plus pay for clothing and other items.

My family is still dealing with everything from a house fire a year ago. Insurance was super helpful from the get go.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He had renter's insurance, right? That should replace most of the things, plus pay for clothing and other items.

My family is still dealing with everything from a house fire a year ago. Insurance was super helpful from the get go.
He didn't have insurance, school is over in two weeks and he would have been moving out. His parents home insurance might cover some. All donations are going to other students that lost everything as well.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
He didn't have insurance, school is over in two weeks and he would have been moving out. His parents home insurance might cover some. All donations are going to other students that lost everything as well.
Not sure on the homeowners one. They might cover college students away from the home.

I'll probably throw a few bucks his way later tonight.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ill do what I can come payday! Did he loose any gear? We all know riding is cheaper than driving and I have gear he can have nothing much just pm me and ill give you a list

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure on the homeowners one. They might cover college students away from the home.

I'll probably throw a few bucks his way later tonight.
He is a student away from home.

Thankfully he had his bike and all his gear at his house. Thanks for the contribution

It really does.

A little update: The firefighters helped students get what they could out of their apartments. My friend got most of his clothes and his Nikon D40 camera. They recovered his computer and his two guitars. The computer is most likely dead, but I think we can get most of his data recovered (1.5 TB). The guitars aren't damaged too badly, but the electronics are fried. He was also working on one of his friends laptops, and the bag that it was in was full of water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts