Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week this fool in a 05 cbr1000 with 2 riders pulls up next to me and says "wanna race?" I Knew i had no chance but i did have some mods and experience in lunching so i gave in. I ready myself for the green light and bam! green light and were off 75mph comes up lighting quick hit a perfect 2nd gear and wondering where the hondas at? check the mirror and see his behind quite a distance. reached 125 and slowed for the next light. Asked him what happened? and says he didnt engage the clutch properly "whatever" i said.Whatever the excuse i smoked him and smashed his ego in front of his buddies eyes.Good lesson learned dont mess with a ninja no matter what its size...........anyhow i check the performance of the cbr and theres not a lot of difference between a zx6r and cbr1000 in the 1/4 mile run is it really that slow ?or is the ninja that fast?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ment two of his buddies in seperate bikes (R6),(gsxr750),funny comment though HA.....Ha?

·
Registered
230 Posts
well even the new liter bikes only run like high 9's... and the stock 636 runs mid 10's... (keep in mind both with excellent race riders)... but still... i'd say that with the mods and your experience, YOU SMOKED HIM!... hahahaha... nice job!!... i'd say though that the only thing that would be different would be anything past a 1/4 mile, the top end of and liter bike is obviously better than a 600cc bike... but GREAT JOB none the less..

kow wee

·
Registered
148 Posts
125mph between stoplights? Do us all a favor and let us know when you're out riding so that we can stay off the streets...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not meaning to sound like i am raining on your party or anything but beating an 05 CBR1000 isn't that hard unless they have a cable clutch conversion. The stock hydralic clutch is very very picky. I've seen alot of very very experianced riders only get a good lunch about 60% of the time. most times the bike would just jump and act really bad jerky.

·
Registered
927 Posts
In the end the CBR would have caught up. I only kow this because i raced a couple 06' Gixxer10000 and smoked them from the start but eventually they will catch up (going in a striaght line anyway)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Chingon
125mph between stoplights? Do us all a favor and let us know when you're out riding so that we can stay off the streets...
this was in the desert where my mom lives where theres a light every mile or two and no traffic.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by greenreeper05
In the end the CBR would have caught up. I only kow this because i raced a couple 06' Gixxer10000 and smoked them from the start but eventually they will catch up (going in a striaght line anyway)
holy crap they make gsxr 10000's now? by the time you hit 60mph the gsxr will be hitting 160mph. j/k. yep i know i would have been smoked in the long run.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
They are just busting your balls, brush them off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i was playing around on sportrider.com and our bikes actually hold there own against liter bikes. The 05 busa is .3 sec faster in the 1/4 mile but 12mph faster at the end. A honda cbr 929 we walk away from from a roll and just keep pulling but 1/4 mile we lose by I think it was .1 sec. Honda rc51 beats us by .02 or something in the 1/4 but we trap higher and walk away in a 1/4 mile. A one debate that use to go on was the gsxr750 vs. the zx6r well sportrider found out that they are ever so slightly faster in the 1/4 but we trap higher and walk from a roll. So are bikes are more powerful than a lot of people give them credit for.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i really want to run into an rc51 at the track because our bikes are so close to some of those 1000s mostly the older ones but they are so close driver error can make or break ya. Heck stock for stock the difference of time for out bikes to the newer liter bikes is like around .6 secs and that could be just a matter of shifting early or late. So yea i say too that you beat the driver of the bike but still our bikes are nasty either way.[:M10]

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yeah, yeah. We all know he beat the rider, not the bike. That's OK. It feels pretty good just to beat another 600. It feels great to beat a 1000. You showed him that you're a better rider AND that there's not that much difference between a 6 and a 10 in the quarter mile. I guess he'll have to buy a Busa now so he can finally beat a 636. Or can he?:D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by BcVulcan
...I guess he'll have to buy a Busa now...

A stock CBR1000 can whoop a stock 'busas ass. Dude got lucky and raced a guy that can't handle the shit he's straddling, no matter what it is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
it normally happens to me on track days, woop them comming into the corners and get wooped mid way down the straight!! we can carry more corner speeed, but tourque eats us alive on the straights...

·
Registered
264 Posts
theres to types of peaple on race day winners, and losers. you kicked his ass that time, on that street, in a strait line. congrats. and screw all those haters.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.