Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me as a beginner, it felt damn good. First wheelie today on my 636, I have been practicing and it finally paid off! I don't know the technique you call it but I started in 1st gear and got to around 10-15 mph, pulled in the clutch and reved up to 8-9 rmp, and then let go of the clutch, I didn't even need WOT, orgasmic experience, I owe it all to practice and this web site, thanks peeps!:D I'll send pics soon

·
Registered
211 Posts
Becareful man 1st gear wheelies can be the most dangerous, especialy with the clutch method. When I first start I was doing the same thing but then I Just gave it some gas backed off just a tad and then Wide Open Throttle. and the bike began to rise after a while I started to add height and distance. Try changing your body english ont the bike as well that helps a lot, for example You give it gas your first instinct is to lean forward. Dont do this the bike will rise and then get real light and thats when you have reached the balance point. I know You have probley read every dam add and they all say the same thing but its Tried and True use the fundementals and that Wheelie will get gauks from every girl on the strip. have fun keep it on 1 wheel.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can do them in 1st just dont clutch them in first. Use the gas back off just A TAD and then Wide Open. when the wheel gets up you can play with the balance point. In 2nd and 3rd try to Stand up on your bike on the PEGS that is! and then BOUNCE the bike POP the clutch and give it gas while pulling on the Bike (keep the wheel strait) but you have to do this all at once to get the bike in the Air and Standing Is going to to feel a whole lot more awkward. Dont let this scare you and will be riding wheelies In no time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.