Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone..

Questions for those who have the SS fender elim kit. Do you think it is worth the money? Is it completely worthless in terms of visibility? How difficult was the install and did it take a significant amount of modification to the bike? Thanks for the input, I've been looking for a fender elim because I don't like the bulky tail end of the 07 6r the way it is, but I def don't want to pay 200 dollars for that thing jneer is making based on the awful experience everyone is having with them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i bought the Comp Werkes eliminator, where the plate is located in front of my back tire. It's good quality, easy to do, just be careful drilling the hole for your light wire. They also make one where your plate is in the normal place, but gets rid of all that stuff hanging down. Comes with smaller turn signals too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i bought the Comp Werkes eliminator, where the plate is located in front of my back tire. It's good quality, easy to do, just be careful drilling the hole for your light wire. They also make one where your plate is in the normal place, but gets rid of all that stuff hanging down. Comes with smaller turn signals too.

:plusone: I have the same kit, good quality, easy install, just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. It's def. worth the $200 in my opinion.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Competition Werkes is not $200 and that's not the kit he's talking about. He's asking about the SS kits that completely replace the tail including the lights and tuck it all forward of the tire.

The brake light is ok in terms of brightness, but it's a bit too small in my opinion. The little pod turn signals are worthless though, went for a night ride with a kid that had them and they're barely noticable even in the dark.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I'd stay away from the SS, my entire Comp Werkes install cost me $200 with some extra adds I put on, but the actual kit cost I believe in the $130 range. It looks great, really cleans up the rear, and gets you smaller but effective turn signals.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. My plate is completely unreadable at night thanks to the glare from the three LED's that are mounted on the bottom of the plate, but this problem fixed itself when the LED's got busted by a rock or some other debris from the rear wheel. The location is a high wear one, so unless you have a hugger, you might experience fading issues with the characters on your plate as well. I have. Install-wise, I thought it was a PITA.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i couldnt bring myself to pay for the fender eliminator kit... $130 bucks for a new bracket please... i went and bought one of the metal registration tab things, flipped it upside down and mounted it to the 4 screws that held one the big fender peice that i removed. cost me a whole $5, then i added some smaller signals for $25 to make my own FE for a whopping hundred cheaper and it looks the same... cleaned up the fender had the plate close to the taillight so i didnt even do licenese plate lights looked awesome, and made me feel like a badass cause i made it :)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have had the SS Elim for a while. No probs to speak of sans a defective brake bar (couple LEDs out) that was replaced, no questions asked.

I did put an add'l led strip on the bike to increase brake visibility. I don't ride much at night, but it is plenty bright in the day.

No plate visibility issues, no turn sig. visibility issues. I had a ghetto fab kit at first and I don't feel any buyer's remorse after buying the SS Elim.

I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Competition Werkes is not $200 and that's not the kit he's talking about. He's asking about the SS kits that completely replace the tail including the lights and tuck it all forward of the tire.

The brake light is ok in terms of brightness, but it's a bit too small in my opinion. The little pod turn signals are worthless though, went for a night ride with a kid that had them and they're barely noticable even in the dark.
No.no....my kit uses the original brake light, just smaller turn signals, but not too small, and they're just as bright as the factory ones. The plate is in front of the back tire, but is highly visible at night with a white light pod that mounts on top of the plate and shines down. The kit was $130, comp werkes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah i agree with the comp werks, good kit, but if got a after market pipe you may wanna have some brackets fabbed up as the tail light wont fit, i made some outta aluminum in about 20 minutes. and another thing, you may wanna locktight the rear pegs as i had a bolt fall out after i did it. oh and with the kit like redninja described inorder to do the right hand side of the plate mount i had to loosen the mid pipe in the exhaust to get the wrench to the peg mount mount bolts.
im not sure if anyone else did, but i found a slot in the plastic and ran the wires there instead of drillin they tucked up real nice

·
Registered
193 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to add, i thought the new signals were cool, if youve noticed the lenses on the front one put little lines on the ground, the new rear ones do to and they plenty bright.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good morning everyone..

Questions for those who have the SS fender elim kit. Do you think it is worth the money? Is it completely worthless in terms of visibility? How difficult was the install and did it take a significant amount of modification to the bike? Thanks for the input, I've been looking for a fender elim because I don't like the bulky tail end of the 07 6r the way it is, but I def don't want to pay 200 dollars for that thing jneer is making based on the awful experience everyone is having with them.

seriuosly, you can pretty much make one from a few brackets you could find at a Home Depot. The only thing you might want to do is buy smaller turn signals or buy a taillight with intergrated lights....just my $.02

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm currently working on a fender eliminator for the 03-04.. no turn signal mounts or turn signals... it's one you use with an integrated turn/tail light.

What are you 07-08 guys wanting for a fender eliminator ? I make them out of carbon fiber, and less than $200 ... I could make the mounts for the turn signals onto the plate bracket if wanted. I can make them with a clear LED license plate light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts