Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of confused [?] Fender eliminators are eliminators, doesn't really matter if it's for a high- or a low-mount exhaust. Any fender eliminator will work with a side-mounted exhaust since they don't actually touch.

A high-mount may or may not affect your passenger foot-pegs, tho, but a good high-mount should provide the necessary bolts to move your pegs.

Maybe you're thinking of an underseat exhaust system? If so, good luck, been down that road, haven't found anyone who makes it for the ZX-6R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think maby i was thinking of an undertail cause someone was telling me that im gong to have to replace the turnsignals in the back or the exhaust will hit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, OK, the concern is the turn-signals -- that's another issue. Fender eliminator kits like Competition Werkes allow you to keep the stock turn signals (or change them for short stalks like Lockhart Phillips) while Texas Fairing gives you an option for a turn-signal integrator with nothing sticking out the back of the bike.

So, if you get a high-mount, it may or may not require you to remove your stock turn-signals. What high mount are you looking at anyway, and for what bike?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the thread under General Discussion on "New Micron Highmount" to give you an idea what you'll have to work with.

You'll probably have to go with a rear flushmount system of some kind, bro.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I know a guy who has a high mount hindle on his 636. He used a competion werks fender elim with the ugly ass stock signals. The signals rest on the exhaust, but the titanium can doesn't heat up enough to melt them. I would say if you used short stalks there should be no concerns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey guys, newbie here.
just had a question about the fender eliminating. if i get it done professionally, how much should i expect to get charged? or should i just attempt to do it myself?? i already have the turn signals i want. any input would help, thanks!

TV.....
'99 ZX6r
V+H Pipe
Kuryaken Underlights

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kyle19_9, ever think about using an integrator? A friend of mine has the high-mount micron and the fender eliminator, and its kinda tough to see his right signal. He's getting the integrator.

-Tazz

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Kyle, I've got an integrator I bought from e-bay that I'm not going to use, I'll sell it to you for what I paid + shipping. That will definitely help if you get a high mount. Let me know if you are interested.

Irv Roman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.