Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly save your money and make one. If not maybe I can make another for you. I have the aluminum, I would just have to try and find the time.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The aluminum ones work great for just mounting the license plate, but if you want a whole new underneath, take a look at
graphicartmotodesign.com
targa_acc.com
texasfairing.com
hotbodiesracing.com

Good Luck!

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6 Speed

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello all, I am new to this site and thus far I like it very much. My question to all is what company should I order a rear fender kit from. I dont feel like making one although im sure that I can, also I cant seem to find how much they cost anywhere. And when I get it how the hell do you take the plastic clip screws off the existing fendor?

Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Speed disregard DEZixxer's post as the 03 6R already has a nice painted undertail, so all that you need is the alum bracket with short stalk signals.

check out

targa-acc.com or if ya want to spend the big bucks competitionwerkes.com

If you can wait for a bit, I can probably get one built.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mr.speed

Did you know if you buy an after market undertail kit...

- It will cost about $150 - $200
- You must saw the bottom tray of your bike
- Possibly drill holes on your fairings to mount the new tray
- End up with less trunk space.

How about saving your money, not sawing your tail and doing this...
Undertail Mods

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks a lot guys,at targa-acc I found just the kind of thing that I have been looking for. Its just a mount with blinkers and instuctions for like $50. Thanks also for offering to make one for me, but you guys dont have to do that. I just think that the only ugly thing on my bike is that black stuff hanging off the back, it just disrupts all the lines of the bike.

Now my only ? is how do I get thoes plastic screws out without messing anything up?

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Speed

Now my only ? is how do I get thoes plastic screws out without messing anything up?

Mr. Speed
Dude, the black "plastic rivets" can be taken out with your hands. But to make it easy, just use the key of your bike to push-in the center of the “plastic rivet” and then pull it out.

Are you even reading what people are posting? Just checking!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by edward

Mr.speed

Did you know if you buy an after market undertail kit...

- It will cost about $150 - $200
- You must saw the bottom tray of your bike
- Possibly drill holes on your fairings to mount the new tray
- End up with less trunk space.

How about saving your money, not sawing your tail and doing this...
Undertail Mods
Just wanted to point out thats completely wrong for an 03 6R :)
Thats true for 00-02, but not on 03, totally different tail. Since the undertail is built in right from the factory, adding a fender eliminator is easy :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes I am reading what people are writing, I had not seen any thing said about that before, but thank you for telling me. I have had really bad experience in the past with plastic rivits in cars before, and i really dont want to fuck up my new bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.