Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my SWEET undertail, but before I pull out a tactical 12 gauge an blow my f'n bike apart, can anyone tell me how many and where all the bolts are to remove the rear fender, as to remove it as clean as possible? Instructions would be great, PM me if you'd like,,,thanks!:(

·
Registered
717 Posts
you have to take off the rear cowl first..then undo the bolts for the seat lock, then under there you have to find the bolts that hold on the fender...the fender and the storage box are an assembly.
Took me 15 mins to get it off my 03.

Remember, measure 3 times, cut once!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
To pull the feiring remove these bolts. Don't forget about the seat lock in the picture below.

To remove the wheel well (old undertail) remove the following bolts. Be careful of the wireing once you start to remove it. There is also two more plastic bolts that hold the feiring onto the undertail.

·
Registered
507 Posts
MAN it sounds like our LAW ENFORCEMENT friend may need some anger management TRAINING :D,,, it gets worse when you start 'dremeling' your stock fender to make room for the undertail---- patience patience patience patience.. stop- get a soda, take a breath, take your time, do it right...i shot one kill doesnt work with undertail mods my friend-- JUST BE PREPARED......put it on , take it off, sand-CUT, modify,, put it on, take it off, double check, take it off, sand-CUT, modify,, put it on-- oooooh just right

dont forget PICS-- you know you'll get harassed without pics !!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellas'... This is exactly why I joined this site. Thanks for the tips, the weather is supposed to be above 50 tomorrow finally, I'll start ripping her down then. Leg is healing straight, I guess thats good, probably another 3 to 4 months in this cast, I hope not, but I'd rather bet on bad, than expect good, if that makes sense.

Pics will follow, I promise.

Thanks again, I owe you three beers if your ever in the area (or who knows, I'm in yours, you'd be surprised where this lovely job has sent me[}:)])!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.