Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was on my way home northbound on Pacific Coast Highway 1 just north of Zuma Beach when I spotted a Ferrari 360 behind me. He stayed with me, but did not pass me. 10 miles later just before Neptune's Net (resturant in Fast & Furious 1 where Vin and ? were eating shrimp just after their race with Ferrari) the Ferrari passed me slowly.

After Neptune's, the road turns into fast sweepers and there are no houses, buildings, etc. for 5-7 miles. The Ferrari hit it and so did I. We passed a BMW opposed twin motorcycle who jumped into the fray. The BMW was taking this serriously and riding WAY over his head. He took a left corner too fast and went wide right in front of me (I love those radial brakes on my 636 as they saved my ass).

After a while the Ferrari and I were at a red light going towards Camarillo on Los Posas Road (BMW not there yet) and had a friendly conversation where I found out that there were some extensive mods to his car and he had it on a dyno putting out around 500hp. That explains why I had such a hard time just matching his speed (I was actually closing the distance in the corners). It just felt good that we were both grinning from ear to ear and had a mutual respect for each other.

Along comes the BMW and passes us both in the soft shoulder on the right. We both just laughed and left the intersection. I hope the guy on the BMW was feeling good about being in front as his riding skills and decisions suck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.