Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
With the cables removed from the servo all you have to do is keep turning the bike on and off with key.It'll turn a bit every time you do it.DO NOT try and turn the shaft of the servo with pliers,its very easy to strip the internals of the servo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wouldn't turn at all when i flicked the ignition.
so i used a bit of force and stripped them :(
i have heard you can run with out the servo by diconecting / cutting a wire??

p.s what a bitch it is to get that servo out, bloody rubber nuts on the bottom do nothing but turn and you can't hold them with any thing wither :S

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
There should have been a mark on the shaft end, I forget where its suppose to index to be in the right position but i remember I had to do it.. Its in the service manual..

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have heard you can run with out the servo by diconecting / cutting a wire??
Disconnecting the brown wire with a red tracer on the left ECU connetor will disable the FI light with the exhaust valve servo removed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i desaible the fi light, then it won't tell me of other faults??
can i just remove the servo and live with the light when it comes on?
only reason i wanna remove the servo is because i have brocken the internal cogs, so it's pretty much useless now :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks for that, any one know for sure though??
i was looking at that servo eliminator thingy but can't find the website to order from.
but if it only eliminates the fi light, then i can live with out having to spend $100+ on some thing that does just that :S
i always keep on top of maintenance so i shouldn't require the fi light to tell me of any error and hence can live with it blinking at me all the dam time :D.

so i can just take the servo out then???

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
If you want to know if the light will come on again just disconnect some other sensor and the light should be on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.