Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Arrow can and midpipe on my 05 ZX6R. Since the exhaust valve is gone, I have removed all of the servo hardware as well. As a race bike, I don't need to keep excess stuff on the bike that serves no purpose.
How do I get the Fi light to stay off? Is there a way to jump some of the disconnected connectors?
Yes, I have been searching this msg board but the fixes all apply to keeping the servo motor attached.

mmfoor

·
Registered
53 Posts
i am certain that the ecu reads the initial amount of movement and resistance when you first start the bike.
this resistance and movement, as you know, is recorded from the movement of the servo, just jumping some wires will not allow the ecu to read the correct figures and will still throw up the FI light!
best and cheapest (albeit the heaviest..... all 400g of it!!!) is to just use the servo with the fi light fix that comes with the exhaust.
what every you do "do not cut the wires that ilumenate the FI light or allow it to stay on, as this will hide any other faults the engine may have :S
there is a compnay that do a special bit of circuitry that does allow the ecu to read a correct value by effectively bridging the conectors of the servo and allowing you to bin the excess 400g :D just can't remember the name of that company???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ivan's product is the only way to remove the servo and get rid of the light. Several people have tried to "modify" things to replicate or make their own only to kill the ECM.

Either leave the motor in with the servo fix or buy the eliminator. The servo weighs a whole maybe 1lb, not like it is going to hinder by much.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Originally posted by lil green monster
Pull the smaller of the two ecu plugs and find the tan with red tracer stripe and cut it. There's a full color pic on the arata-ex.com site. It's free!
Has anyone done this? Does this still let the light come on if it need to or does it just cut the power to the light?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've done this off of arata.com. i've been running it for 3 months and have not had any problems. And the light does not come on. Hasen't slowed me down either. But it's up to you if you want to do it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I wouldn't do it the arata way. It kills the FI light completely, not letting you know if/when you have a real problem any longer. The arata way is even more of a band-aid to the problem then the normal FI light fix with a bracket on the servo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.