Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, i just noticed my FI light is on,bike runs perfect and i have no ideal what would have made it come on.i did do the wire mod to the plug under the seat by i took that back out because i rarely go above k any way.is there a way to reset the FI light?

also i have been having a ton of battery problems.it will never stay charged.dealer says everything is ok,but it dies after sitting about a week.i have a scorpio alarm but didnt think it would draw enough juice to drain the battery.ive been using the "bike tender jr " and it has a green light,then i go to start it and it just clicks like its dead again,loose connection somewhere??

any one have the size of our battery so i can buy another good one?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
k,i replaced the battery,then i tightened the grounds and the starter wire,cranks like a champ now.

the new battery i got required me to fill it with fluid and charge it.i did all that and it works great,so i was curious on my old battery about the fluid and i opened it up,there was nothing in there.i shaked it around till a drop or 2 fianlly came out.is this normal or should there have been more?i know in my new battery it took a whole lot of fluid.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn thats wierd every batt i have ever had in my bike is comp sealed cannot be opened at all my old honda had one and my zx6r has a sealed one as well i just looked so thats wierd u did not get a sealed one

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after getting the new battery and putting it together(filling and putting the cap on)i knew right where to pry the cap off at.it is a sealed battery but it is easy to get the cap off.i just wanted to see if it had fluid in it.

does anyone know for sure if the fluid should just poor out when its tipped over,or is there something in there to prevent this,no fluid poured out of mine making me think that in fact i had a bad battery.i dont want to look like a moron when i take it to the dealer and bitch.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wouldn't fool around with that fluid... Just be happy that you have a new battery and the thing works.. Is the FI light off now?

·
Registered
203 Posts
the battery should be full of sulfuric acid, and yes it should pour out if you tip it upside down with the cover off. I'd also be inclined to take it back to the dealer.

JJ

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well,i tried that.i took it to them a month or so ago.they told me everything was ok.battery still died on me.at the time the FI light was not on,that just happened,im thinking because i did the wire jumper mod??i pulled the jumper out now.i replaced my own battery because it wasnt worth another trip and leaving my bike.i will be calling them however and paying them a trip with the battery.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
take it back to the shop. They will do a fairly simple test, which will tell them why the FI light is on. Then they can fix the problem. The FI light might not even be related to the battery, could just be a coincidence.. The FI light shows when something is out of the optimal range and/or isn't reading right. Depending on the problem, the bike can still run ok, but with something not being right, it should be attended to asa.

Take it back to the dealer, let them check the code, they will tell you the issue. Fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.