Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Ninja ZX-6R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic indicates, my red FI light went on for about 20 minutes while on a long ride yesterday, particularly above 40mph. It was on for about 20 minutes and then went off and hasn't gone on since. Is this immediate cause for inspection? I read the manual on what the course action of action should be, I'm just curious if other people have experienced the same thing. I'm still unclear after reading the manual what systems the FI light indicates are malfunctioning if anyone could offer some guidance. Thank you and I hope everyone is doing well with the current crisis.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hi there, I experienced the same situation and I came to the conclusion that it has something to do with the temperature sensor. It happens only when riding through long tunnels where the difference in temperature is great, normal or hot outside, and cold or cool inside. It also happened while riding in the mountains and the temp fell significantly after sundown. I asked my mechanic and he agreed so case closed for me! I hope that your situation is the same.

·
Registered
2005 Ninja ZX-6R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, GR. I'm glad that worked out for you. I don't think the temperature was changing before the light came on as it was for you, unfortunately. I'll have to do a diagnostic. Maybe it's something easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts