Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Kawi's and I have an issue with the FI light. It is completely stock for the most part (stock exhaust at least) and the FI light is staying on. I thought since it had set up for a while that it might be the old gas, so I drained it and refilled with 93 OCT. I also installed a new battery. Is there anyway to reset the system and see if the light gets triggered again? Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm new to the Kawi's and I have an issue with the FI light. It is completely stock for the most part (stock exhaust at least) and the FI light is staying on. I thought since it had set up for a while that it might be the old gas, so I drained it and refilled with 93 OCT. I also installed a new battery. Is there anyway to reset the system and see if the light gets triggered again? Thanks
I think you need to disconnect the battery to reset the system -
I have a a few issues with the servo motor but only recently after having an aftermarket exhaust on for over 2 years, seems like every now and then the servomotor itself get kinda stuck and after moving it a little back and forwards it goes away - not sure if this is to be recommended in your case as you still have the actual exhaust valve in place and you don't want it to be closed when it should be open etc..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that you can disconnect the battery and touch the positive and ground ends together (with the key off) and then wait a min, and reconnect the terminals. Is this the proper method to reset, or just crap?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I think you need to disconnect the battery to reset the system -
I have a a few issues with the servo motor but only recently after having an aftermarket exhaust on for over 2 years, seems like every now and then the servomotor itself get kinda stuck and after moving it a little back and forwards it goes away - not sure if this is to be recommended in your case as you still have the actual exhaust valve in place and you don't want it to be closed when it should be open etc..
that won't work, i was just checking the codes last night on my bike, you have to reset them, i'll post the procedure out of the manual later tonight

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I just disconnected the positive terminal, left it off for about a minute when I installed my jumper plug mod. Disconnecting the positive terminal reset everything but my odometer. Trip, laps, and time, so it must do something to reset it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I just disconnected the positive terminal, left it off for about a minute when I installed my jumper plug mod. Disconnecting the positive terminal reset everything but my odometer. Trip, laps, and time, so it must do something to reset it.
no it doesn't thats what i thought too its stated in the service manual that its hard stored in the ECU until you reset it, i forget the procedure but its something with the clutch lever & holding the ground on the plug

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
yeah that's to clear an error code or to enter dealer diagnostic mode, didn't see anything in the manual about just doing an ECU reset. I'll look deeper....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your attention to this, it has been bugging the crap outta me. I also seen a post on here about the possibility of the servo motor being stuck. Is this a common problem in 06 636's? Just trying to get this figured out. Thanks again.....J

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your attention to this, it has been bugging the crap outta me. I also seen a post on here about the possibility of the servo motor being stuck. Is this a common problem in 06 636's? Just trying to get this figured out. Thanks again.....J
no prob man, & yes the servo is a common problem in the 05/06, stupid idea & a pita to bypass, if you really want to get rid of it all together i'd go w/ the ivans servo fix & it will completely remove the servo & just have a plug installed there ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no prob man, & yes the servo is a common problem in the 05/06, stupid idea & a pita to bypass, if you really want to get rid of it all together i'd go w/ the ivans servo fix & it will completely remove the servo & just have a plug installed there ;)

If this reset thing does not work, then I may do that. Thanks again....J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.