Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I got the advice to check underneath the seat for the servo to ensure it hasn't worked loose causing the FI light that I have. Well, last night I popped the seat and had no damn clue what I was looking at. I was imagining something else in my head and well. I suppose I'm asking for someone to tell me exactly what I'm looking for or post a pictures.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well.
Under the driver's seat you will see a metallic disc that has two metallic wires attached to it. they disappear into two hoses that go under the tail and to the exhaust valve (if you have a stock exhaust).
This disc is bolted on an axis protruding from a black square servo box.
This is the bolt you must check.
If you start the engine with your seat removed you will see it moving when you turn the accelerator abruptly.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Here is a picture of my servo motor ... if your exhaust is stock ... you will see a wheel on top of it with two cables coming off.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What if there in no disk at all?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Then the FI light stays on.... :)
Check to see if the servo is connected with the harness (maybe they by-passed using some electronic module :confused:).
If the servo is connect and you have nothing bolted on it than you're missing a piece.
You have stock exhaust or aftermarket???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts