Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some updated pics of the fighter conversion. I've polished the bottom yoke on the forks, added steel braided front lines, Dunlop 208's, chrome decals, and chrome mini turn signals up front. I'll post pics with the braided plumbing lines soon.
Thanks for all the feedback!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Not real crazy about that flat bar from behind. Something with a little rise after the clamps would look better methinks. Otherwise, I like it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
must say that is a really good looking bike, don't really likie the headlight part but the rest is great[:M88]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
That's just plain beautiful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you thought about loosing the rear footrests and getting a custom exhaust hanger. Opens up the rear wheel and would show off your rims. Maybe go from there and get a cowl for the rear seat.

Saying that you never know when to stop do you. Much £££$$$$££$$$!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
are you getting into stunting the 636? not to crazy about streetfighter look but i do like the head lights

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Looking good flyer. Nice bars. Will you be having any passengers? If not, lose the rear seat and passenger pegs. Have you thought about undertail exhaust? That would really show off the swingarm and rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I kind of like the fighter look. You get a truly unusual bike. Anyone can put on a pipe or replace a windscreen. Where's the originality in that? To each his own and good luck to flyer. I can't wait to see the final pic. Although, now that he has started he will not be able to stop adding and taking away.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Looks great if i ever bin my 03 that's what i'll be doing instaed of replacing the fairings but what did u do about the ram air did u cover the hole in the frame for air intake with some mesh or anything??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again for the comments. My Wife rides with me all the time so the passenger seat stays! The ram air intake is visible just below the headlight kit. Plenty of available air. The reality is, I wanted a sportbike so I bought the best. I quickly discovered that riding around downtown Dallas was a painful experience at best and mild torture at worst! So, instead of trading up, I decided to make it a one of a kind. It's just insane! I have read on this forum about guys complaining, not being able to wheelie the 636. Now I'm complaining about not being able to keep the front wheel down! Yea, it gets windy in the triple digits, but for real world everyday riding, this is the way to go. Streetfighters rule!! The Europeans know it, and soon, Americans will too![:M117] BTW Merry Christmas! Thanks to the Fourth Infantry Division for the best Christmas present ever!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.