Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well having pissed about for too many months, I have finally decided on a paint scheme. I decided to just hash it out rather than do it all prim and proper (ill wait for it to be painted for that). There will be a few slight changes later on as i will be replacing the rearsets and pillion pegs (removing).

Obviously the other side will mirror this but it gives you an idea. I may even remove the grab rails and fill in the holes (need to secure the rear if i remove the top grab rail holes as they hold the tail on).

I have included a smaller picture to see it proportion from a distance, rather than using the thumbnail on the forums.

Russ

·
Registered
823 Posts
Very nice!:)

The only part I'd change is make the main frame spar black as well. The vertical cutline between the polished part of the spar and the black on the rest of the frame catches my eye.

[:9]

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The polished bit on the frame spar is the carbon fibre covers, eventually I will have carbon all down the frame (the black is just fill in for areas that cant be covered) as well as the part of the sub-frame that you can see between the frame and the tail section (triangle). The pics are just an idea obviously shading and light will be different when its sprayed.

here are few more pics as well as an altered one of the above to drop the red on the upper fairing to leave it black and follow the lines of the upper fairing better.

Mike: after having a look at different designs these are the only ones that follow the lines of the top bar on the sub-frame from tail to tip which gives it a similar look to the 2004 blade which i do like the colours of. The front is also the only way to include some black without it looking weird.

Russ

·
Registered
87 Posts
somethings missing for me russ... i just cant put my finger on it...it just seems like it needs another colour so its not so 1/2 and 1/2..... but thats just me, what about a line of white 1-3+or silver above the black going around the back of the tank like a giant "C" and a very thin line at he back in the same style?

but see i REALLY like the ZXRR moto gp style paint so that may be why?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.