Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is, this thing has changed my whole perception of time and space, absolutely unreal torque, can cruise around in first all day long, it's good to 160kph, front wheel wants to go skyward in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, fucking stupid.
I'll never go back to 600 after this.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats on your new beast. Looks good. Just take it easy the first month cause you just entered a whole new ball game.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Congrats...I love the color scheme.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by loco
Well, here she is, this thing has changed my whole perception of time and space, absolutely unreal torque, can cruise around in first all day long, it's good to 160kph, front wheel wants to go skyward in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, fucking stupid.
I'll never go back to 600 after this.
very nice bike this one [:p]
very small too [:0]

but I can't get used to that exhaust [B)]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by mr.q

very nice bike this one [:p]
very small too [:0]

but I can't get used to that exhaust [B)]
Yosh TRS Carbon coming on Tuesday, the stocker sounds sweet tho.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice bike. You made the right choice of color. It looks sick! Makes me want one. I wont give up my Kawi though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I sold my Kawi today and went to look at new bikes... One store has gixxer 1000 for $9800 OTD .. Got to pay tax on that though.. I would like to test ride one before I had to throw down $10k.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by John80y
I sold my Kawi today and went to look at new bikes... One store has gixxer 1000 for $9800 OTD .. Got to pay tax on that though.. I would like to test ride one before I had to throw down $10k.
Buddy, all I can say is FUCK!!!!, you will not be dissapointed, this thing is the same weight as my 636, turns better, the suspension is better, the brakes are better, and the motor is unreal, 60 more horsepower, totally linear delivery, and more than twice the torque, with a curve as flat as the desert, from 3000rpm up, I just can't put into words how fucking fast this thing is.
60 mph is a eye blink away.
I'm trying to get used to being thrown back in the seat and my arms outsrtretching every time I twist the throttle, an I'm not even past 7500rpm yet, still breaking her in. If the devil made a bike, this is it.
The funny thing is, after all that said, I still miss my 04 646, it did have character, and a big soul.
I feel like I'm trying to tame the meanest bull walking the earth right now, but having fun doing it!

·
Registered
560 Posts
i like. you did right on the color too. careful though. they can get away from you. a guy i know(dont ride with) looped his in 2nd at about 80mph the other day. no gear. luckily he bounced off the road before he slid, so other than some cracked ribs, broken toes and a cracked cheek bone, and about 3 grand worth of damage to the 06 gixxer 1k...i guess he got off easy.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
They really are simply amazing bikes. As you said, you just can't describe how fast the new 1000s are. It's something you have to experience.

A friend of mine has an '06 GSXR1000 in the same colours, and he has a conventional looking exhaust on his now. I think it's a Yoshimura exhaust (can't really remember), but it looks like a traditional side-mounted exhaust - really cool and different on those bikes, and it makes the back end look a bit "lighter".

Have fun with it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very nice bike. We need a little more detail, though. Please zoom in and/or take more photos of the porch area (reference the fourth photo). [:p]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
Very nice bike. We need a little more detail, though. Please zoom in and/or take more photos of the porch area (reference the fourth photo). [:p]
Now here is a man who knows what the important things in life are :D

aside from that [:p]

super looking bike and good luck with it. I find it interesting that I have had friends who rode and swore by 600's until they stepped up to the liter bikes.....they find a whole new world of motorcycling and they too say they will never go back to a 600.

OTD usually means everything including tax :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
congrats loco very nice bike makin me jealous and wanna get one too. I think gixxer is the best lookin 1000 out there..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
That's my other baby, more pics, but for my eyes only, sorry my man.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.