Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a few months of waiting - finally drove my 636 home today... and all i can say is... wow... man alive..

i have to admit, it's gonna take some getting used to - i had a cruiser before and this is quite a different experience... it's a big change - my feet aren't quite sure where to go, all my weight is on my wrists (trying to hold with back and knees, but awkward), i feel like i can't see anything that's next to me or behind me (which freaks me out)

i took it to 5k rpms - i can;t imagine what it's like at 13000 -

it has more power at idle then my cruiser had full open throttle

wow

fucking love it though.

here are a couple pics - it's stock, so nothing you haven't seen before....

oh btw, are these little tubes supposed to hang down like that?

·
Registered
763 Posts
congrats!

take it easy, go at your own pace, and take your time learning.... your gonna fvcking love it trust me!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
my buddy bought the same one, same color out of the crate in 03, he still rides almost everyday from titusville to orlando, that a 100 mile round trip. i think he has 40,000 miles on it last time i checked with him and he can still ride a wheelie a mile or so... great bike! you'll love it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw, can someone just tell me what i need to get that big ugly black monstrousity on the back to go away? i don't need anything fancy, just a simple solution to move plate undernieth and attach new blinkers... i've seen some kits on ebay, but not sure which is the best to go with...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
it has more power at idle then my cruiser had full open throttle
Hahah I fucking love it :D

Yea the tubes are normal, don't worry about it.

As for a fender kit....you have an older bike so I'm not sure if Bertja's fender eliminator (hes a member here) will work on your bike. I'd check that out first - its only $50 and works perfectly. If not that, start using Google. They're called fender eliminators and are a must-have.

O yea...welcome to the family :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stepped from a cruiser to my 97 Nighthawk 750 (which used to seem so fast lol) to my 636, I remember the first time I got on it I thought I was going to die or the world was coming to an end or something, much more used to it now. Now when I ride my Nighthawk it feels so slow lol. Great looking bike! :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Cool bike, once you get used to the bike get a pipe and PCIII and there is your real power! OH YEA you gotta get your suspension setup for you!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've not been able to stop thinking about it... i want to go ride so bad - what a fuckin addiction

·
Registered
230 Posts
Even though it's nothing we haven't seen before, it's still always beautiful to look at again... hahahaha... nice bike dude, kawi's are the only way to ride... bike looks like it's been kept up pretty well, so keep the windscreen up and the rubber down...

kow wee

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
nice looking bike, get rid of the huge blinkers, reflectors and it'll look even better.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Stick those tubes so they drain into the bottom where the fairings meet. So basically just tuck them in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.