Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just turned over 2,500 miles on my 06 636... I can finally get it up in 2nd, bounce or clutch... Either way. Today was playin around with staggered stand up, and reg standups. Well i realized i was leaning too far forward and bringing it up too high, decided to lean a lil farther back and i was able to hold it out and a nearly constant RPM... A lil practice and i think ill be capable to hold the same speed while up there.

What a thrill.... I dont think im gunna try to many other things though, i dont wanna mess up my pretty blue baby.

·
Registered
668 Posts
yup. thats the majority of problems when people start out. they hug/hump the tank.

the further back you are the lower the BP is gonna be (to a certain extent). jsut practice and if it ever feels like its going to back ALL OF A SUDDEN thats bp. dont chop throttle. use the brake.

if youre up for it you can try some seat standers. easiest wheelie evAr and damn cool looking. way easier than a standup and turns more heads. it puts you in a way more comfortable stance. sicne youre not a stunna you prolly have your idle stock anyway so i say go for it.

be careful :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i put about 120 miles on today messin around some more.... I can now standup around 45 and hold it very steady, to the point that i can let off the gas to come down some, and still bring it back up... So im pretty sure i got the BP down.

Tomorrow ill try what you said and control the height with the brake. Basically i want to keep the gas on so it doesnt drop as quick, and just slightly use the brake to keep it in the BP without having to accelerate my balls off to keep it up right?

·
Registered
668 Posts
well..um..yeah. what you can also do is bring it behind BP and apply brake to slow it down if you end up gaining too much speed. it sounds like your coming in and out of BP. basically you use brake if it comes to far back b.c. when you use throttle it may wobble a little bit. biggest thign is getting it stable.

youll know youre at bp when the throttle is really responsive relative to the "height" of the willy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by ZxAlucard6r
Well i just turned over 2,500 miles on my 06 636... I can finally get it up in 2nd, bounce or clutch... Either way. Today was playin around with staggered stand up, and reg standups. Well i realized i was leaning too far forward and bringing it up too high, decided to lean a lil farther back and i was able to hold it out and a nearly constant RPM... A lil practice and i think ill be capable to hold the same speed while up there.

What a thrill.... I dont think im gunna try to many other things though, i dont wanna mess up my pretty blue baby.

pics!!!![:p]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been tryin to get my friends to videotape some... Workin on it for you guys, and since then theyve gotten smoother and longer as well :D (im talkin bout the wheelies!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.