Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Last friday I closed the deal and picked up my '06 ZX6R. I've been in the market since 2000 when I sold my old bike (98 EX250) But something always seemed to knock me out of getting back on two wheels. Anyway after seeing the '07 I decided no way no how was I gonna ride that. So I started looking around at local dealers and found a brand new Special edition (gold with the red flames) sitting in the showroom. I like that color because it doesn't have all the crappy looking gold anodize hardware on the brakes and fork tubes etc. Anyway I LOVE IT!!! it's a super sexy looking bike I must say and it rides like a dream even though keeping it at 4k RPM for the first 500 mi of the break in is TORTURE. Anyway thats probably for my own good since I've not been on a bike in like 6 years, and Stepping up from a 250 to a 636 is a big step. So now I've just gotta get a few hundred more miles on it and get it in for the oil change and checkup before I store it for the winter. Then this spring will be AWESOME And I got ALL WINTER to work on getting shit done like getting rid of that fugly rear fender and changing out my front turn signals and getting a dampner and rear seat cowl and a power commander.... You get the picture. So anyway I'm very excited and happy to finally own the bike of my dreams....... I also found out todayt at work that Pit-Bull (the place that makes the kick ass stands) Is a local company so I may be able to get some good hook ups since a guy at work knows them really well... Anyways I'll post some pictures soon.. I also got a Joe Rocket/Kawasaki Alter-Ego suit and a Scorpion helmet and some Joe Rocket boots... Man I can't wait for the spring!!

VanHalen

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
awesome man..nothing like that feeling....and honestly...6 months later, 8000 miles later i haven't lost it!!! Still wake up in the morning and go to the garage and wonder what i can do to her next

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Congratulations, you'll have fun. :)

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.. I must say Im giddy like a schoolgirl... But you know whats weird? I miss my 250. 'Cause I had mastered it, Like I could just throw it around.... Dunno but no looking back.. Like I said I'm in love... Shes so gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Give it time...the ZX6R is very flickable as well...You'll be throwing her around too in no time. Have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys.. Winter.. I dunno I grew up here. It's Fuc^@%#%#ing cold to me! I mean it was 32 last night when I left work at 1a.m. and it's only the first of Nov.. People think it's always hot in Alabama.. Wrong.. I mean it isn't North Dakota but yeah, it gets cold, Plus I'm the kind of person who thinks anything below 72 is "a little chilly" But a day when it's 98 and %100 is "just a little warm".. I can just take the heat alot better than the cold. So I won't be doing much riding after another few weeks. Still gonna be a minute on the pics... The digital camera I was gonna use is broken.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dude congrats butttttt this ain't cold brother. Be ready because 65 degree days aren't uncommon through the winter....so be ready to ride that beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.