Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally picked her up on Sat morning. Been riding so much i havnt had time to post pics. Here are some pics. The last one is when i put her away yesterday after i washed her and removed the decals.

Also my left wrist is killing me. It hurts so much i can't barley pull the clutch in. So i havnt ridin today because the pain. Will my wrist eventually get used to that?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You need to adjust the controls to fit you, both clutch and brake levers. You can also adjust the rear brake lever and the shifter for a better fit. Also make sure you arent riding stiff armed and putting all your weight on your wrists to support yourself. You should be using your stomach and back muscles to hold yourself upright and be able to "flap" your elbows like they are wings. Make sure you have a relaxed grip on the bars too. I know it sounds like basic stuff, especially if you have been riding for a bit but some people tend to forget this stuff when they go to a new-to-them bike, especially when the riding posture is more aggressive then what they have been used to.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adjusted the brake lever today, (I read the Manual last night)I saw that i can adjust the clutch lever but not to sure how to yet... I know to turn that adjuster knob but does it bring the clutch lever closer?

And the stance is way so more agressive then the 600r i have been driving.....

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
By adjusting the clutch lever I was actually referring to moving it up or down so that it is more in-line with your wrist when riding, same for the brake lever. You can losen just the lower allen bolt holding it to the bar and then rotate the whole thing up or down so that you aren't trying to bend you wrist as much to reach it. Basically, you want your arm, wrist and fingers in as straight of a line as you can get.

As for the adjuster knob, that will adjust the lever in and out from the bar but that setting you want specific. It should be set so there is a 2 to 3mm gap between the lever and the bracket. If the levers are still too far for your reach, you might want to consider getting Pazzo or CRG levers as they have adjusters for both the brake and clutch.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The brake lever has a little knob that brings it closer or farther away from the bar.... So thats fine because i brought it closer and its perfect... but the clutch lever If it was a little closer (didnt have to pull so much) it would be perfect.....

I'm going to give it some time and see how my wrist feels... Maybe it will get used to it.....

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hey you will get use to the clutch, dont worry about it. If you really think the 636 has a hard clutch try riding a ducati with a dry clutch!

·
Banned
495 Posts
sexy new green bike, untouched!! i love it, i wish i could start again with a new one lol

·
Banned
495 Posts
next time ur taking a dump, while ur bored just sit there and imitate being on a bike and stick ur arms out and use ur wrists as you would on the bike.. [:M22]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
my back is what killed me when i got my first bike (o3 636) a little over a month ago. took a week to get used to it. probably didn't help i rode 200 miles to Indy the next day either, lol

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got about 85 miles on it since saturday morning. I picked it up around 12 Saturday. Yesterday when i finished riding my left wrist was killing me. Today i went for a ride and it a felt a bit better.
Still gets tired though.

But i dont think its from putting my bodyweight on it, i think its pulling the clutch lever. It hurts right where my palm ends and my wrist starts.... Oh well, i'll get used to it.... Other than that i freakin love the bike.... And i'm so glad i went with green....

Now i just have to decide on a exhaust so these retarded Jersey drivers can hear me coming.....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by qbnlykwhoa
I got about 85 miles on it since saturday morning. I picked it up around 12 Saturday. Yesterday when i finished riding my left wrist was killing me. Today i went for a ride and it a felt a bit better.
Still gets tired though.

But i dont think its from putting my bodyweight on it, i think its pulling the clutch lever. It hurts right where my palm ends and my wrist starts.... Oh well, i'll get used to it.... Other than that i freakin love the bike.... And i'm so glad i went with green....

Now i just have to decide on a exhaust so these retarded Jersey drivers can hear me coming.....

Still sounds like you need to move the levers down - just loosen the pinch bolt and rotate the lever down so that you don't have to reach up to get to it. It'll make a world of difference. And you'll find out (like the rest of us have) that you can't move the brake lever down enough because the master cylinder hits the fork so then your right hand will hurt instead of you left :(

·
Registered
997 Posts
I found on mine i can't move the brake lever down far enough becasue of the brake light switch undneath hits the forks but i'm lucky been riding sports bikes long enough my wrists are used to it...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brake lever is almost perfect its the clutch i have to move around a bit.... Thanks guys for all your help... i will update you probably later today...... thanks again..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.