Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of turbo are you running? Can you post pics of the header pipes and intely plenum set up?

Still on carbs or have you converted to injection?

·
Registered
65 Posts
wow!! that looks like a project and then some! and alot of fun to ride, take it to the drags much with that swing arm extension...? damn

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will go out to the track for sure, i mainly got that to keep the front end down, I saw kawi9's video and i really dont care for 5th gear power wheelies

I stopped by the only other guys house in town that has a turbo bike, i had planned on being faster than him but I stop by and he is tearing his bike apart, busa with pistons rods, upgraded trans, looks like he's going for bigger numbers this year, he's still running the mr turbo setup with the rajay, hopefully that holds him back a little, plus my weight advantage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow it looks fantastic. Have you done any engine mods, what psi and power are you expecting?

I saw the remote oil filter in there, whats are the pipes under the engine for?

Love the header fabrication.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the red can under the engine is the oil filter, its a washable stainless mesh element, the hoses are the feed and return

as for engine, just lower compression je pistons and a cometic mls head gasket, as for power its hard to say, people have made almost 300 on that turbo in a car at over 20psi but i'm not gonna turn it up that much, i'll get it to the dyno once its broke in and tuned

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Maliboost,

I come back to vaccation. I'm glad to hear you have started your ZX9R Turbo :cheers-004:. Nice work. Have you do a test ride ? Any news ? Give me some news. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i havent rode it yet, i'm hurtin for money lately, car insurance and plates due, have to pay for that before i plate and insure the bike

·
Registered
129 Posts
In turbo project, the money is always the problem. I know :(. Give me some news when you test your bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
took it out tonight, verdict is lean lean lean, need to add some fuel, feels really good though, I have an oil leak though from my return line that I have to fix, I'm going to have to change the exhaust or relearn how to ride this thing, i scraped it on the ground around a corner, no fun

I went with 135 jets, seems good at cruise but after the boost gets more than a few pounds it creeps into the 14-15:1 and i have to let off, gonna chect to see if my regulator is rising, then step up the main jets if it is

·
Registered
129 Posts
The tunning begin ;)

You told you are lean with 135 main jet with only few psi boost ??? Have you the main jet ''dynojet'' or Factory Keihin main jet ? Because, they don't have the same size with the same number.

Have you a pics of the pitot tube setup ?

Your boost start at what rpm ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they are aftermarket jets, got them from the honda shop, my pitot is almost like yours, 8mm id tube with close to an 8mm hole

boost seems like it starts somewhere around 6, not really sure, wasnt paying too much attention to the tach, moreso the wideband

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not sure if i understand right. Pitot tube 8mm with 4mm hole ? I like to see your setup pitot. Post me a pic when you have the time.

Try with bigger main jet and check if you are lean when the boost start. If the A/F is better, continue in this way. But i'm not sure if is the reason your are lean ?

The fuel pressure up when the boost start ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i need to hook my regulator to the air compressor and see if it rises, i cant see my fuel gauge on the bike

pitot is an 8mm inside diameter tube with about a 6mm hole, i'm wondering if i'm losing velocity going passed the pitot due to my 2.5 inch charge piping

i'm on the hunt for jets, local dealer is ordering some to replenish their stock but i want them tomorrow so i might have to travel

1 - 20 of 68 Posts