Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
actually its quite tame sounding, my girlfriends f4i with a muzzy is louder

i forgot to put the clip on the wastegate and the flapper popped open on me, it was super loud then, but as long as the wastegate is closed its alright

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think the BOV is wrong connection. Could you tell me if the blue hose on the BOV hook to the plenum ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i need to hook my regulator to the air compressor and see if it rises, i cant see my fuel gauge on the bike

pitot is an 8mm inside diameter tube with about a 6mm hole, i'm wondering if i'm losing velocity going passed the pitot due to my 2.5 inch charge piping

i'm on the hunt for jets, local dealer is ordering some to replenish their stock but i want them tomorrow so i might have to travel

If you hook the compressor air to the fuel regulator don't up the pressure fuel up to 4.9psi on the idle or stop motor, because the needle fuel can't close after this pressure and the fuel go into your motor. I suggest you to unplug the gauge on the fuel pressure and relocate the gauge in a place you can see when you run.

You are like me when i started to tune my turbo bike. I have only boost gauge and cheap A/F (not Wideband) and i don't succes. It's important to see the gauges when you tunnning without datalog. The minimum gauges you need when you tunning are Wideband A/F, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge. But I have more gauges.... check on the pic. I identify all my gauges.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think the BOV is wrong connection. Could you tell me if the blue hose on the BOV hook to the plenum ?
the boost gauge, wastegate, alky injection hobbs switch and bov are hooked up below the carbs so they see what the motor does, boost and vacuum, fuel pressure reg and float bowls are hooked to the pitot tube pressure

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i'd like an electric fuel pressure gauge, or an isolator of some sort. i'm not comfortable running a fuel like through the bike up to the cockpit

·
Registered
129 Posts
the boost gauge, wastegate, alky injection hobbs switch and bov are hooked up below the carbs so they see what the motor does, boost and vacuum, fuel pressure reg and float bowls are hooked to the pitot tube pressure

Ok, disconnect the fuel pressure regulator and plug before the injector alky. Because, if you plug after you will have w/m in the hose and it's to bad. Your regulator is 1:1 ? Don't connect any things on the pitot tube. Plug the pitot tube on float bowl only.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'd like an electric fuel pressure gauge, or an isolator of some sort. i'm not comfortable running a fuel like through the bike up to the cockpit
I pluged my fuel pressure gauge with autometer braided ss hose with an fittings. But, i turst injected fuel pressure rubbert hose for connect the fuel gauge. They are made for +150psi. The fuel pressure is only 13-14 psi at 10 psi boost and it's low cost. If you don't confortable running wiht the gauge in the cockpit. You can replace the gauge on the reg after tuned.

This is the hose i have

Auto Meter

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i figured the regulator should rise to stay even with float bowl pressure, this is why i hooked it in to the pitot pressure, how much more pitot pressure do you see than plenum pressure? i'm running 2.5 psi base pressure with a 1:1 rise, what is your base?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i figured the regulator should rise to stay even with float bowl pressure, this is why i hooked it in to the pitot pressure, how much more pitot pressure do you see than plenum pressure? i'm running 2.5 psi base pressure with a 1:1 rise, what is your base?
My pitot pressure is around 1,5 psi than the plenum and i set my fuel pressure (1:1) to 2,5 psi. I understand your reasoning, but i never tested to hooked the fuel pressure to the pitot tube. I don't know if it's will work good ? Let me know if it's work good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
what i did was run each side of the pitot into a t fitting, goes straight through the t to the bowls, the 90 degree turns in the t face eachother and meet in the middle with another t, the output from that goes to my reg, i didnt want to draw off one side of the pitot

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
that link is not 100% correct imo but gives a basic idea

basically it pressure references the bowls to a pressure slightly higher than boost, this forces more fuel though the main jet than normal vacuum would pull, its a way to provide more fuel under boost without running a huge jet

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
hey kawi, what kind of air fuel ratios do you have off boost? during idle and cruising for example

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey kawi, what kind of air fuel ratios do you have off boost? during idle and cruising for example
On idle and cruising my A/F is 14,5 to 14,7 : 1

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'm wondering if moving my pitot to the 1.5 inch pipe coming off the turbo will help
Before modification the charge piping, i think you must to try bigger main jet. When you tuning, don't change many things in same time. Make the modidifcation on one thing and make a test.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i had some 178, 180 jets from a jet kit, so i decided to see what they'd do. i put the 180s in the middle, its not lean anymore, i don't know if i've been at full boost yet but this thing is retarded fast, i need to go down on jets because if i don't ease into boost it will drop below 10:1 and sputter until it spools, if i ease in it settles around 10.5:1, i have a shinko ultrasoft and it breaks traction until i shift into 4th, don't think i've been to 100% throttle yet or up to redline in any gear when i was getting traction

i don't know where the boost is at, think i might have heard the wastegate open once, in first, so thats 11psi, I don't have any pump gas in it right now, until i figure out the tune i'm running around on race gas to be a little safer

this is so unreal

kawi, I don't see how you have time to look at the gauges, i watch my wideband with one eye and the road with the other

my cruise and idle needs to be adjusted, 12:1 most times have seen 13 with very light throttle, almost coasting, i think i'll pick up some pilot jets when i go get some other main jets

i'm trying to guess on the mains

160s maybe?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts