Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally got to pick up the bike Wensday night!!! With 6 miles on it. I have 120 miles on last night and a little bit of riding this morning!! and all i have to say is DAM!!! i love this bike. and i havent even opened it up yet!! I love the color, the ride, and the exhaust note for being a stock bike!!

unfortantaly its going to be at least a year before i can do any mods to it :( Ohh well, when i finally will be able to, i will be able to aford the mods i want. Right now i am thinking Hotbodies exhaust, or a Two Brothers. A steering Damper, Double Bubble Windscreen, Euro Turn signals up front. and others but thats the jist of it.

Well here are some pic's my sister took at the dealership.

Out with the old.

In with the NEW!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
[:Welcome]

Great purchase....I was going to ask after looking at the 2nd pic..."WHERE IS YOUR HELMET!?!?"....but I see you put it on at the 3rd pic. Man, enjoy your bike!!! I posted pics of my bike in the "newbie forum" about 4 weeks ago...check them out

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i have a jacket coming yet through the deal with the bike. They had to order my size from a distributor, will be picking that up next week. I know i should get a pair of boot. i should have them by the end of the month. (i typically use Doc Martin steeltoes when i ride). What do you guys think of the Icon Merc jackets? i need somthing for "normal to hot" days. I have an older(boought in 2000ish) Kawasaki Ninja Textile jacket i use when its cold.

I had a feeling i would get some "shit" for not having anything protective gear on. (its an excuse and i know, but the dearship is all of 3 miles from my house, so i know those are the most dangerous miles)

I know there are probably hundreds of boots i should get, but what one would you guys recommend? i am looking for somthing that is very confortable for walking around as well. somthing for the casual rider. ive never really looked into boots before. i beleive i saw SiDi(?) boots at the dearlership are they desent? i am not looking to spend a ton of money, but would like to be safe?

I am sure it has been talked about alot, but i just thought of it as i was typing this response.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by vegaspimp
Can't a dude post some pics without the constant gear references? It gets a bit old.
[:+1] Congrats on the bike. Same move here - 250 to 636. Icon gear is very good for the money, IMO. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HOTBODIES EXHAUST!!!!!!! Do a search on this board on Hotbodies melting issues - you'll see for yourself. You might be better off waiting on Breath (one of the members here) to come out with his own line of under-belly exhaust with slash-cut tips (again, do a search on that, lots of people are waiting anxiously). Stay safe and have fun!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check out the Icon Tarmac jacket. Its great on hot days, air goes right through it and it is well armored. With a jacket like that, there is never an excuse not to be wearing it. :) Plus they make it in lime green and it is very inexpensive (~$150.00).

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Pretty bike.

I have a pair of Icon Superduty boots (the 1st version, not available anymore) for general everyday riding, which I am very, very pleased with. I've worn them almost every day for the last two and a half years, and they are holding up very well. They're also very comfy for a boot.

I have a pair of Alpinestars GP boots for more serious riding. Very comfy when you're on the bike, not so good for walking in, but I don't do much walking in them anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That is a big upgrade and I bet you're very happy.
Since you asked about the Icon Merc jackets, for my birthday I got the Icon Leather Merc Hero jacket and accompanying gloves from Metricbikes.com for $279 and $68. They're great! It has been nearly 100 degrees here for the past week and I have no complaints.

As for boots, I really like my Alpinestars SMX Plus boots. I have scraped the toe sliders on them, so they don't owe me anything. They are very comfortable and not too bad for walking around if you loosen the top straps.

As moloko said, HOTBODIES, stay away! I have heard too many horror stories.

Have fun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright since i have mentioned the hotbodies i have been told to stay away also. (i really liked how it clean the look of the bike up. oh well)

as far as boots it might be awile before i get some real riding boots. Ill probably stick with my DocMartins Steal toes for awile

AS far as a jacket goes i went to the dealership today and looked around. I am not a fan of the leather because of the weight of them (i know i know they are alot better than textiles) (but if its not confortable to wear i am not going to wear it. and by wear i mean when i get somewhere, Mall...ect) I tried on the Tarmac Jacket and It Fit perfectly just like a Golve. and it too was the last one they had!!! so i lucked out!!
And i thought green would be cool, but i thought the black would "look" better it may have been too much green, and the black goes with the bottom of the bike. and once again last one they had.!!

Well as the bike sit now, it has 230 miles on it. I dont think too bad for aprox. 48 hours!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OHHH AND I AM LOVING EVERY SINGLE MILE WITH THIS BIKE!!!

Ohh and i am guessing i am going to catch alot of shit for this, but i also bought a Throttle Lock for her also. Its going to be nice to give that wist/hand a break every now and again. Now if i were only going to be driving for an hour or so i probably wont have gotten it, but in aprox 2 weeks, ill be driving it for 3.5 hours straite. so it will be handy.

(hides in corrner hoping not to catch to much for that)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by Danimal217
OHHH AND I AM LOVING EVERY SINGLE MILE WITH THIS BIKE!!!

Ohh and i am guessing i am going to catch alot of shit for this, but i also bought a Throttle Lock for her also. Its going to be nice to give that wist/hand a break every now and again. Now if i were only going to be driving for an hour or so i probably wont have gotten it, but in aprox 2 weeks, ill be driving it for 3.5 hours straite. so it will be handy.

(hides in corrner hoping not to catch to much for that)

What's the problem with getting a throttle lock? Am I missing something here?...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.