Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm a statistic now. Someone stole my 05 636 last night. I noticed when I was walking to my car to go to class this morning and noticed my $65 chain was cut that was wraped through a storm drain. They took a van earlier last night in the same parking lot that my bike was parked in and dumped the they seats and threw my bike into it. The thing that makes me mad is that I worked like a man and paid for my bike, aftermarket parts, price to rebuild the bike after I wrecked, and more aftermarket parts then some loser comes takes it. If anyone in the Raleigh or NC area sees this bike let me know something.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got comprehensive which covers theft so I'm covered and I have all the reciepts to full akra system, pcIII, steering damper, pazzo levers, etc.... so maybe i'll get the money for those things.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
that truly sucks!

I am kinda worried myself about people actually finding out exactly where i live here in New York, as i consider my 2 bikes a Prime target for someone to steal and part out on ebay.
But i dont leave them outside for anyone to really know when and where to find them.

Also keping recepits is a good thing for sure.
Hope they find the guys/girls and cut of their thumbs

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I hope they try to ride it and highside. Sorry bout the loss, I wouldn't even know what i'd do if that happened. I'm thinking about marking all of my parts, like a tiny mark on the Akra and the plastics that way i could scour ebay and try to locate them while my insurance company hooks it up.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Sucks man, keep an eye on E-bay and the local classifieds for your parts. I know somethings have serial numbers and such. This kind of crap makes me think I may have to start engraving everything I can on my bike with a number or such so if it is stolen, the parts can be traced.

·
Registered
247 Posts
sorry for your loss.

having a nice bike for me means sleeping a little lighter , taking my car when I can't chain her down, and having occasional nightmares that when i wake, i find that she's not there. having full coverage helps, but you still get robbed by the insurance company in the end. what kind of chain did they cut? i'm sure any chain can be cut if they really wanted it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, they got hydraulic bolt cutters now so it wouldn't be a problem. I had a pretty thick steel cable. I was also wondering if anybody has ever dealt with trying to get money for aftermarket parts from the insurance company. I have all the receipts for everything.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
really wanna know if anyone has ever dealt with the insurance company with trying to get money for aftermarket parts like exhaust or something. plz let me know. I have all my reciepts for purchases of these items

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by africanjello
really wanna know if anyone has ever dealt with the insurance company with trying to get money for aftermarket parts like exhaust or something. plz let me know. I have all my reciepts for purchases of these items
Depends on the insurance company. Mine covered my after-market turn signals.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by africanjello
I dealt with Farmers when I got my last bike stolen. They did pay for some of the aftermarket parts (including an $800 Akra Evo system) but the only reason why they did is that I had them on the bike for only a week and they were still brand new.

As far as the rest, the parts added some minimal amount to the value of the bike (like $100) and that was it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Ouch... and that bike has come a long way too. Sorry man, it makes me want to lug mine up to my 3rd floor apartment because nowhere is safe.

·
Registered
449 Posts
my bike was stolen last year and just put the hotbodies undertail, new tires, some other shit. i had full coverage but my bike was in excellent condition so they paid the load off and gave me 300 dollars for the aftermarket shit which was well over a grand. I argued with them for 6months then finally just said fuck it and took it.

sorry to hear about your loss, i deff feel your pain.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.