Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, ive been an inactive poster until now.. about

just want you to know that theres someone that a bit lesser lucky than you guys :p with an kawasaki

ive like been "holy" to kawasaki, because i simply LOVE the design and engine! been watching the development for about 4 years now :D

oh well, just 3 more years until i can drive one legally, because the age limit is 21 on 250cc++ here in norway (yes its a shitty country for a bike, but i dont care)

and i just dont know what to do!!! i want a 636 so farking muuuuchh!!!!!!!!!!! [:M24] what if i cant wait, what if i buy one now... [xx(]

anyone wanna say something? share their feelings like i did :p

desperate greetings, s1lVa

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd say Norway has it right, and Canada+U.S. has it wrong. Giving a teenager a supersport 600 is generally the same as giving a toddler a 12 gauge.

Originally posted by s1lVa
oh well, just 3 more years until i can drive one legally, because the age limit is 21 on 250cc++ here in norway (yes its a shitty country for a bike, but i dont care)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actuarly i was wrong!!
the age limit is 18 for up to 600cc, but with only max 34 HK!

but damn! the new zx-6r has 636cc, so i gotta get the zx6rr

Originally posted by The Hypnotoad

I'd say Norway has it right, and Canada+U.S. has it wrong. Giving a teenager a supersport 600 is generally the same as giving a toddler a 12 gauge.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by The Hypnotoad

Hey I'm still alive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go and get a masters degree in statistics like I have, and you'll see that I'm not far off.

Even wonder why many insurance companies won't even quote a rate for teenage supersport riders? Do you think its because they're a bunch of killjoy actuaries, and don't want young people to have any fun?

No. Its because despite outrageous rates on these bikes for kids, they are still wadding them up so frequently that the insurance companies were paying more out in claims then the premiums, despite annual premiums that were half the price of the bike.

But you'll always hear from some blowhard that either refuses to, and is incapable of seeing the big picture. They happen to know one or two kids who started on a powerful bike, and managed not to drop it, and then applied that logic to every single young person who wants to take up riding, and refuses to accept what the cold hard statistics show for the mass population.

But you're one of those types that say "hey, my Ford Pinto never broke down, and went 200,000 miles, so obviously all Ford Pintos are the model of reliablity and safety, so all those fancy numbers mean nothing, and anyone that says otherwise is wrong".

Originally posted by drumannewman
hypnotoad, i strongly disagree

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I survived a 600cc supersport bike at 16. No, this doesn't mean anybody can, and I don't think every kid in America should have one. But I think if they are responsible enough they should. Man, when I think back to when I was a kid, all I ever wanted was a motorcycle. And if somebody told me back then that "Oh you can't have one you're just going to crash it" I'd have punched them in the face. Buying a motorcycle at 16 was the best decision I ever made. I strongly believe that kids that are actually interested in riding, and not just pulling wheelies, should definitely get a bike.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
everyone has to start sometime and when you're a teenager it's the most fun time. so what if you're older...you're still a beginner rider....
and yea i crashed once but i walked away and fixed my bike...and my insurance is better than if i had a car[}:)]

·
Registered
558 Posts
you guys are mean. poor kid cant get a "real" bike and ya'll rub it in. tsk tsk. i agree with hypnotoad also. just think about it the ones that didn't survive can't post. either way, with me being the type of person i am i woulda got a bike when i was 16 if i had the chance.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"hypnotoad, i strongly disagree"

I actually agree with Hypnotoad...I would be all for everyone starting out on smaller CC bikes. Looks at all the good racers out there, do you think they started out on a 600cc supersport?

Sure I think there are exceptions, but I promise for everyone 16 year old that doesn't wreck their supersport there are 10 others that do....not very good odds...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Then am I some kind of prodigy? Or just lucky? I'd go with the latter, as I never scraped a knee or backed it into corners like Bostrom, but then again I never tried. Too scared actually. Maybe that's why I never crashed. I had a few close calls, neither of which were my fault, but I wasn't doing wheelies through town or anything either. I don't think I rode a wheelie for more then 10 feet the entire 2 years I had the bike. Probably because it was my only source of transportation, and I could barely afford it as it was :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
HYPNO-"But you're one of those types that say "hey, my Ford Pinto never broke down, and went 200,000 miles, so obviously all Ford Pintos are the model of reliablity and safety, so all those fancy numbers mean nothing, and anyone that says otherwise is wrong".

how are you going to tell me what type of person i am? i dont care if you majored in statistics, im a person not a fucking statistic. im just as, if not more responsible on my motorcycle than the much older riders out there. Age has nothing to do with it. my bike sits in my garage all week until sunday when i take it out of town in full gear and ride in the foothills/mountains. maybe 99% of teenagers shouldn't have motorcycles, but just because your statistics say one thing dont sterotype me or any other kid who is doing something that intriuges them. asshole

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.