Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks great!! could be that I'm a little biased toward the yellow ones :D.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Marine,

Bike looks good and so does your girl.

As for you, no more pics of yourself without your helmet on. (Just kidding.)

How long did it take to polish the rims? My rims are red and I am really thinking about taking a weekend and polishing mine.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
695 Posts
After over 450 post to this forums I finally have pictures of my baby!

2 things...yes I know I'm ugly and yes I see that I have rather large chicken stripes....so just leave those comments out. :)

I'm VERY new to this....but I do know this...i did very little editing so dial-up users beware! Good pics though for the most part.

Okay...here some background to these pictures...

This picture is of my bike before I polished the rims....see its so plain! jk!

This one is after I polished my rims that day. It was a very cheap way to modify, but did require quite a bit of elbow grease.

This one is a pic of me and my girlfriend. She is a great passenger and fun to ride with!

This one is a pic of us again...just for the sh*ts of it.

This one is of my riding by a local golf course/lake area. Slow speed limits, but very relaxing and scenic.

Thats about it. I love my bike and here she is!

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
695 Posts
This was the first time I've ever polished a set of rims and I followed the instructions layed out on this website under "Polishing Rims".

It took me 3 hours from start to finish, but could have taken my alot less if I would have been ALOT more liberal with the paint stripper. I didn't really cake it on...and perhaps I got a shitty stripper, but not alot of paint came off....leaving for ALOT of elbow grease work with the steel wool. All in all I'm glad I did it...just use alot of that stripper and you will be scrubbing alot less. :D

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't like it, and wouldn't own one. (J/K)LOL

BTW, We can compare chicken strips if you'd like. I think mine are bigger.HAHA Pic was from last year though.
Nice polish job on the rims too. I'm nervous to scour and eat at the paint with clemicals. Does it require any upkeep other than washing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by rdandy5875

Nice polish job on the rims too. I'm nervous to scour and eat at the paint with clemicals. Does it require any upkeep other than washing?
Nah...nothing really extra. I use "neverdull" to shine up the rims and it keeps them looking great and it is easy to use.

I was a little nervous when I began the project, but I just stayed to the instructions posted on this website's homepage titled "Polishing Rims" and everything went as planned. However I'm still not too sure how good or bad having some of those chemicals were on my tires. I taped off the middle section of my rims...just as the instructions say, but nothing was said about taping or section'ing off to keep the stripper and thinner of your tires. I don't think if you get some on your tire...that it will ruin it or anything, but as far as wearing it down a bit faster....I don't know. Anyone?

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your bike looks good and I like the way you did the front flushmounts. I am thinking of doing the same flushmounts on the front. Can you give me any instructions? Did you use the 3M tape supplied or did you screw them on? Also, how do you take off the front turn signals? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I used the tape that was in with the signals. Its super, super stickey and form fitting to the signal. Its good to use the tape (in my opinion) because I plan on taking my bike back to stock when I sell it and use the signals again on my next bike.

All I did is a simple cut and strip on the signal wires then taped it back up with electrical tape. Stuffed the excess wire back into the signal hole area, then stuck the tape on the new signals and stuck them to the side of the faring where they go. It took all of about 3 minutes.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice pics Marine....

FInally.. for some reason.. i always imagined you as this old 40 something year old guy.. hahaha.. Always good to match a face w/ a name!

Art

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Nice bike marine and fine job on the wheels!

·
Registered
572 Posts
... and some more praise, sweet bike and pretty girlfriend. I think they're both keepers! I don't see many yellow around at all, especially here in PA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Marine I'm new to this forum. how do I ask questions on this forum I'm just a grunt can't figure it out. By the way are you still in and if so where at? SEMPER FI!!!

PAUL A STARNER

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

just fuck'n with ya marine area51, welcome to the sick ass board!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.