Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally have it painted and back together with all my mods :crazyloco: on the all pink fairing im gonna paint something black on there, just havent decided what yet. cause its still to much pink! its kind of hard since some pics were taken at nite but i did put halos and a halo on the intake and also my dash changed the LED's to pink, also need to paint the top part of the forks cause you can still see the red

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I like everything except the painted heel guards. Those kinda things I don't like painted. I imagine the paint is going to come off over time as well relatively easy from your boots rubbing on the guards.

But other than that, good job. Honestly. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i didnt thought it would be that good,but it has a serious mistake thought....

your pink side fairings are not "alinged" with your black tail....

you need more pink on your tail so it looks like the pink side fairing continues its pink color till your tail. like an imaginery straight line.

besides the seat cover you should paint pink the upper part of the tail attached to the cover (the part that the sun sees when on top and leave black the part underneath that bents inside and is mostly seen when somebody looks it from the side

wheap maybe thats just me but this is the universal law of painting a supersport

your bike is mathematically painted incorrect and is obvious.
but you can do nice things with pink.its good

then on the large pink section on the side fairings you can draw two black stripes that flow with the lines of the pink (one stripe up till the tail and the other down till the tail again.)

two-three black decals and you're done

·
Registered
201 Posts

you need more pink on your tail so it looks like the pink side fairing continues its pink color till your tail. like an imaginery straight line.

besides the seat cover you should paint pink the upper part of the tail attached to the cover (the part that the sun sees when on top and leave black the part underneath that bents inside and is mostly seen when somebody looks it from the side

wheap maybe thats just me but this is the universal law of painting a supersport

then on the large pink section on the side fairings you can draw two black stripes that flow with the lines of the pink (one stripe up till the tail and the other down till the tail again.)

am i the only one who got a headache trying to read/understand most of that. :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts

Like I suggested in the other thread when you started this... I still agree with this theme. I will say that it looks MUCH better than I would have guessed looking at the 'in progress' pics that you put up!:mfclap:

I would, in this case, actually add more pink to it (but get rid of the pink on the foot guards... that just looks like an odd afterthought) and put on a few black decals just to break up the large parts of the pink...

Something like: (my 5 min MSpaint doodelings since I don't have photoshop on this computer and don't feel like installing it on here)

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bikeideagz7.jpg

Good job at so-far pulling it off without making it scream ridiculous though!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Looks good, I would even rock that and my wife would LOVE it. Good job.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
did you have the whole bike repainted? if so how much was it? is it just straight pink? or is there pearl in it?

sorry for the questions. i am in the process of getting my fairings painted as well. my estimate came out to be over 1k, so i just wanted to compare. the color will be glacier frost mica with flat black belly.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
All that should matter is if you like it.....it's different......don't listen (or read) what some of these haters have to say...(especially the ones that can't spell)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i like it, its unique

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you have the whole bike repainted? if so how much was it? is it just straight pink? or is there pearl in it?

sorry for the questions. i am in the process of getting my fairings painted as well. my estimate came out to be over 1k, so i just wanted to compare. the color will be glacier frost mica with flat black belly.
yeah i painted the whole bike, and the pink does have some pearl in it. and it was free. my mom owns a body shop so instead of a bonus i got my bike painted. :D

as far as the haters are concerned (i know they will have something to say as well) i really dont care too much what other ppl say, they dont have to ride it i do. as long as i like it thats all that matters. i just said i would post pics up once it was done.

but thanks for the compliments so far!

·
F'ing Catilina Wine Mixer
1,466 Posts
looks ok i guess. sorry being honest.

maybe you should have gotten better tires instead of painting your fairings?

ok guys im leaving now....

lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks Good. Not my style but its your bike and as long as your happy with it fuck everyone else sideways while runnin.

:D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks good, Still gotta do something with the red forks though it looks like. I think it would look cool to have some custom pink ZX-6R decals made to go on the tail so the pink from the fairings will flow into the tail better. I also like the pink wheel stripes.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts