/forum/uploads/mred/pipe1.jpg
/forum/uploads/mred/windscreen0.jpg
/forum/uploads/mred/texastuck0.jpg
/forum/uploads/mred/texastuck1.jpg
/forum/uploads/mred/windscreen1.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is off the hook man. On the front wheel hugger I noticed that you dont have reflectors. Did you remove it or did yours come like that. If you removed it what did you use?

Thanks,
Mr. Speed

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have been looking at the two bros pipes. I haven't been able to find a sound clip though. Are they fairly low and throaty or are they more high pitched like a D&D? Also, Is $420 a good price or can you find them for better?

Squidly

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nevermind on the price, I saw below that I can get it for 390 from parts411. Does it get better than that?

Still could use the sound clip if anyone has one though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
sgates, is that a c2 or c4 and is that the xmetal pipe? do you have any more pics? ive got the same color 636 and im getting a 2 bros pipe too. thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That looks awsome! I love the tuck. I'm here in TX, is it legal to have the license and instpection sticker tucked away like that?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sweet.
That can goes great with the color of your bike.
Love the screen too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice bike MRED. Just ordered the C4 CF-Xmetal for my bike. Should be here by the weekend. I'm new to this whole motorcycle mechanic thing. Is this something I could do myself? Will I need to take the right fairing off to get to the hearders (whatever those are :))? Do I need a back swingarm stand to do this or will the kickstand suffice? I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out if the instructions are good. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the comments fellas! More mods to come, just need the time to do them:D. If anyone wants/needs to hear what a 2 Bros. sounds like, PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call.

mattyesco: It's not too loud, but not too mello either. Sounds great through each rev range, I love it!

Mr. Speed: I got mine that way (no reflectors). But I would assume that you can just pop them off (being careful not to mess up the paint). Since there are no holes, probably just adhesive.

sgates: nice can. I wasn't too sure on the xmetal but it looks sweet on your red bike.

Squidly: I had the same prob. when I was looking for a sound clip. PM me a phone # and I can let you hear it. 3 people have already hear it that way[8D]. I couldn't find anyone cheaper that parts411. Service was also good, fast delivery. My total price was $404 delivered. D&D is anything but high pitched. If you want deep/loud, go with the D&D or Hindle. I got the 2 Bros. because it seemed to be in the middle.

02ninja: I actually emailed a pic (not of the plate # of course) to the Texas motorcycle division of DPS. My response was that no it's really not legal. He said that it wouldn't take much (riding through a puddle) to obstruct the view of the plate. He said that most (if not all) officers would either give me a warning or write a ticket for it. But on the other hand, I have had cops behind me many times (even at stop signs/lights), and nothing has ever happened. I guess if you give them a reason to stop you, they can just add the plate location to a list of tickets. I'll worry about it when the time comes[:p].

LVALNITE: Yes you can do it yourself. It's pretty easy. You don't have to take the fairings off. Take off the 3 bolts on each side, and the fairings will "swing down" far enough so you can get to the clamp that holds the S bend to the header. When you take off the stock pipe, make sure you get the graphite sleeve out of the old pipe (where the S bend mates to the header) to re-use for the new one. I have a set of stands and it did make it easier to work on, but I suppose you can do it from just using the kickstand. Just have someone hold the bike up straight before you tighten everything up to make sure it's straight.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by mred

sgates: nice can.

Thanks [:I]

That is a C4, the C2 is too small IMO. I am patiently awaiting the full system to come out from them so I can spend another $700 on my bike.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
hey mr.ed, me and a frind got pulled over on westheimer and he got a ticket for the plate being in the same spot as yours. officer said its not a moving violation and to worry about it, its just a fine. theres alot of bikes with the same setup but i guess its up to te cop.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
arturo, do you recall how much his ticket was? I haven't been pulled over yet, but I'm sure my time is coming[8D]. Since it's not a clear cut law, it is up to the cop whether or not to write a ticket. I guess I'll take my chances for now. We need to get together so you can show me where the twisties are...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have mine tucked in the same place. i don't even have reflectors or crap on there.. i just drilled some holes and put er on there.
got a speeding ticket last week, cop didn't say anything about it, i have mine tucked further back though.. so it's not at a steep ass angle, when i get back to my own computer i'll put some pics in this thread, there's some other pics of mine floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
im guessing for like $75. when i go riding with him on friday ill ask him.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looking sweet. Love that clean look. As soon as get the time I'm gonna strip mine down. Very good looking bike!;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.