Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you have been following my progress with my 2005 ZX6R and my quest for MY Perfect bike..
She is Pretty much done as we speak, Only thing left to do is Wait on a few parts that i have ordered (lightweight gas cap set,replacement sliders & skid plate,Galfer rotors,Puig windscreen)

Review time: I will rate this on a 1-5 star rating with benifit and cost..I will only hit the major things i feel make the bike better.

Suspension:
Traxxion forkcartridge-**** $1100 installed..way better feedback and can actually get the bike dialed in to my weight and riding style..
Hyper-Pro Damper-***** $400 shipped..Very happy with the unit and it keeps headshake and rough road riding action under control
Ohlins Shock-***** $980 Shipped..Best mod i did to the suspension, as stocker had a ton of fade and could not be dialed in for me..feels like a Cadiallac, works like a ZO6 vette

Engine/Exhaust/Fueling/Gearing
Wire jumper-***** Free. Unleashes the top end of the bike like it was ment to..get your steering damper boys
Akrapovic Race (full System) With PCIII & Custom tune-**** $1700
Lots more power to the bike for hauling ass..Picked up some midrange but mainly the top end blast and from what i can feel perfect fueling.Not the best bang for your buck for the full system, get the slip-on
Afam Rear +2 Sprocket-*****. $75 Shipped. Really wakes the bike up and pulls so much harder in any gear or speed, without compromising crusing speeds or top end i am sure..Get a damper for sure..also a speedohealer a must $90.

Brakes & wheels:
Galfer stainless lines-*****. $85 shipped. 2 finger breaking all day long, way better stopping power and feedback, recommended mod
Brembo master 19x18 w/Galfer Superbike lines-*****. $335 shipped. Best single mod i have done to the bike, 1 finger braking on & off track NO FADE What so ever and awesome feedback, as well as outstanding stopping power
Galfer rear stainless line-*** $45 shipped..works fine when used,not essential, but matches the them of things done
Rear Galfer rotor-$125 shipped. Untested due to rain
Carrozzerria forged wheels-$1250 shipped. Untested due to rain

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bike Protection & levers:
Woodcraft Clip-ons-***** $125 shipped. survived a low side with no damage..that is ground for a 5 star upfront, little lighter and bars are replaceable
Woodcraft Stator cover-***** $160 shipped. Survived the crash as well.skid plate took all the damage and that is $15 for a new one.Must have item
Yo-Yo Dyne frame sliders-***** $90 Shipped. Did an outstanding job in crash no bent parts just a ground down mushroom that is replaceable, as well as you can add metal ring on the end for transporting..Best buy for sure
Swingarm bobbins (delrin)-$25.00 shipped..workeg great and saved the swingarm..given i had the bobbin mounts extra welded as it broke off before..still worked great though..
Arata Reasets-***** $390 Shipped.Survived the crash minus me losing the gear shift knob..No other damage but some scuffin on the foot peg..Damn solid and shifting is Far superior then stock..Top quality all around..only one better if you can call it that is SATO
Pazzo levers-****$155 shipped work great nice adjustability, very sexy, also survived with just some scuffing after being drageed on the ground from 65mph...so they are pretty beffy to boot..bling bling

Misc.
Puig Doublke Bubble-***** $85 shipped Number 1 thing to do when you get this bike, makes the display usefull and the wind nicer on you just works great
Acumen Gear Indicator-**** $90 shipped helps on track for gears and alos on the highway when you look for 7th gear...i like it should be standard
powerbronze hugger-**** $180 shipped. works great but pricey, keeps the shit off my shock and bike but others may be just as good for cheaper
Clear Alternatives-**** $130 shipped integrated tail and fronts...defineately clean up the bike and worth it just for looks alone
Hell everything else is just looks and whatever else, that makes a bike unique...if you like you buy kinda shit..

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now for the Pics....

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
so, need a roommate or neighbor so you can help me with my bike? Awesome job man...thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Awesome bike, just curious as to why you would recomend a slip on over a full system. Im looking at gettin a akro real soon and all i heard was get the full, its more power. Did you get power from you slip on, and why slip on over full system?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am running the Full race system...from what i have seen on dynos, there really isnt that mich to gain over the slip-on...as the header on the zx6R is pretty damn good as it is, and is not heavy..

So you spend $1150 on a full system and get that OR!

SO for what $500 and a powercommander $260.00 and a custom map $300 max...so now you have $1060 for more power then the race and a custom map for your bike, plus the PCIII...

You wont feel 1-2 rwhp unless you have some serious sensitivity..
But you willl feel a custom map that gives you perfect fueling..and it will make you faster eveyrwhere, straights & turns alike.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got a boner. But wow thats expensive mods, I hope your drug trafficing operation doesn't get caught [:M50]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey pinksnyper...feel up to a ride next week?
I am going to be stationed in west point new york and i have family in wayne.NJ...

Maybe you heard of Wayne tile? But i am the Poor Army guy of the family..
Either way i have been wanting to hang with fellow ZX6R riders, but always riding with my fellow RC51 guys, (alot more reliable i guess)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Damn jdgun_13, I had to like strap my boxers down with duct tape just to look at your baby. That's a sweet ride[:M23]! I wish I had the cash for some serious mods.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The bike keeps looking better and better!! Are you still going to go with the energy drink theme that you once talked about?? Let us know.[:M86]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do what i have to, to get the stock wheel weights.
Going to visit my local vet where i weighed the carrozzerria on a calibrated scale..as i have the stock bearings back in the wheels..
Also a full road test is in the works waiting on the weather...and i am looking at thursday...to head to mount saint helens...
Should be a nice ride, cold but i dont care..just wanting to get out and ride

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.