Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all exxagerate the beam pattern difference. I only had to adjust the headlights a little. It's way better at night.

just looks kinda weird with the orange running lights. but w/e
i went with the 8000k. the lowbeam covers the ground nicely and doesn't hit anybody's mirrors. but watch out for the highbeam haha.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
better picture after aligning them

against a wall for beam pattern reference (low beam)

on the street (lowbeams)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Looks good man, glad you didn't listen to all the neg input. I love mine and would never go back!

Reactions: SSRSZ28

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Bottom picture shows the beam hitting the parked car at a height that will shine directly into his mirrors, dazzling him.

That's the problem with them. It's selfish.

Middle picture shows that the beam is set too high anyway. That would certainly fail beam alignment inspection here even with halogens.

Throwing the beam too far up probably explains why you feel you need extra brightness as the inverse square law applies.

Rob

·
Registered
603 Posts
So you went ahead and got the cheapest kit you could find, put them in the wrong reflectors, and topped it off by getting a color that is illegal to use in many areas and doesn't work as well? Does that sum it up?

Umm... Good job? I'm not sure what else you could done more wrong. You should look into flashing strobes and red front marker lights next, maybe?

Please be careful, as pissed off motorists will likely brake check you as you blind them in their mirrors.

·
Registered
603 Posts
As far as the blue goes, this is the code they cite blue headlights for in FL:
316.2397(1) - BLUE OR RED LIGHTS PROHIBITED - No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.
Other areas may be different.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In addition to the red/blue prohibition, many states require that headlights be white. That's a double-whammy and just asking for trouble. Also, having your lights too bright will reduce your ability to see anything outside of the beam; it will be like driving through a tunnel.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You all exxagerate the beam pattern difference.

it's not exaggeration; unless you're on the opposite side of it oncoming you don't know how bad it is. standing in front of it doesn't count.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm with Rob, the beams will cause issues for everyone else. At the very least, adjust them down/right.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol I did adjust em down. And they're not blue. 8000k is practically white. It's not like I went out and got 12000's and adjusted them up.
That middle picture is on a sloped driveway anyway (not perpendicular to the garage door)

Either way, projected on a wall. The beam looks nearly identical to stock. Just not as dim and orange

·
Registered
166 Posts
1. The higher the color rating doesn't mean more light.

2. 8000k is in the blue range.

3. Get someone to sit in a car. Now ride towards the front and rear of the car. Have them tell you how the lights need to be adjusted. Make sure they look at all mirrors when ride by from the rear.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That first shot pretty much sums up what I would see if I was driving my low car in front of you. Glare. Also, if you were making a left turn on a green intersection, your turn signal would be completely drowned by the beam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good job with the HID's! They look good. Nice and bright. Everybody hates you, they all want to give you the finger, they are dazzled, they are screaming in pain, rubbing their eyes, trying their best not to smash into other drivers, cops are hot on your tail for having really really bright lights. You selfish prick!! HAHAHAHAHA, and they all see you, and not one of them a-holes on their cell phone, texting, singing along to the radio are gonna flip YOU over their hood!!!

Install them, do your best to align them, and enjoy having a cooler bike than all these guys still rocking the reflectors on their front fender!!:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
You all exxagerate the beam pattern difference. I only had to adjust the headlights a little. It's way better at night.

lol really....you use that picture to illustrate the negligible beam pattern difference...:Laughing rolling:

Do you not see the insane glare going into the camera lens when youre a full 35-40 degress off the centerline of the bike???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts