Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I have gotten a chance to show my crappy paint job. It was done with the rattlecan, and they bonded pretty good. the clearcoat, I layered it and it got pretty really rigid and hard to scratch with the fingernails. The left side represent number 21, which is my number. I have to work on it more later when I have the energy, to sand down and respray for all the drips that I've made by spraying too closely due to damned wind. It gives me off old school feelings with the white parts. I can't wait to finish it 100% eventually. Here it is, enjoy.

Attachments

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
Not gonna lie. it came out better than I thought it would. good job squid.

Disclaimer: This may be the booze talking, sd97500r reserves the right to change his thought when he is no longer drunk or under the influence of Patron.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
:Hmmmm:...

:headscratch:...

:squint:...

:dunno:

I don't know man. I like the pic from the right side of the bike, but I'm not sold on the jagged edge thing on the left side view. But hey, if you like it, that's what counts, right?

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
I'm strictly talking about coverage not design....

disclaimer still applies

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:Hmmmm:...

:headscratch:...

:squint:...

:dunno:

I don't know man. I like the pic from the right side of the bike, but I'm not sold on the jagged edge thing on the left side view. But hey, if you like it, that's what counts, right?

I know that it looks a little bad on the left side, but that's where the severe damage are at, and when I'm working on the body again, I'm going to get rid of that "jagged edge" on the gas tank. But overall, I'm really happy considering I get a lot of comments despite the damages that shows clearly.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
I know that it looks a little bad on the left side, but that's where the severe damage are at, and when I'm working on the body again, I'm going to get rid of that "jagged edge" on the gas tank. But overall, I'm really happy considering I get a lot of comments despite the damages that shows clearly.

nah man, not the gas tank... didn't even notice that for what it's worth. I'm talking about the box line thing near the cut in the mid fairing. If that doesn't work I'll show you.....

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah man, not the gas tank... didn't even notice that for what it's worth. I'm talking about the box line thing near the cut in the mid fairing. If that doesn't work I'll show you.....
Oh got it...To be honest, I'm not actually satisfied with the mid fairing section, the part near the bolt. It doesn't meet even to the right side, which was perfectly executed. But then I'm not too worried since we all can always fix rattle can paintjobs, dont we?

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Oh got it...To be honest, I'm not actually satisfied with the mid fairing section, the part near the bolt. It doesn't meet even to the right side, which was perfectly executed. But then I'm not too worried since we all can always fix rattle can paintjobs, dont we?
Well don't go too batty with the clear coat yet as that'll make it harder if you want to change things later :D . But honestly (maybe it's just the pictures), but the overall outcome was pretty darn good albeit rattle can! Good effort Gneo ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not gonna lie. it came out better than I thought it would. good job squid.

Disclaimer: This may be the booze talking, sd97500r reserves the right to change his thought when he is no longer drunk or under the influence of Patron.
+1 only not patron, it's trops, and beer for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why would someone do that to his bike? Green, white and black...what were you thinking???
Nice try - now go to a pro and pay to have it painted again. Sorry to tell you but it's worst than looking to a crashed ninja.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why would someone do that to his bike? Green, white and black...what were you thinking???
Nice try - now go to a pro and pay to have it painted again. Sorry to tell you but it's worst than looking to a crashed ninja.
It's not too bad- it reminds me of Kawi's 250 racer... GNeo, you should follow this. It has a more subdued look.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have to admit that paint job faked me out. It didn't look anything like a 250 at first look and I actually had to look at it again to make sure it wasn't a 600 or 650. No wonder people always ask "Is that a 600?" The green & white paint job makes it look even less like a 250 than it already does.

·
Registered
132 Posts
right side looks good...maybe try doin somethin w/ that black plastic side to make it blend?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I think it would be better with the tail painted green and you're good to go.

Not bad..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts