Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did the jumper mod. 22 gauge wire and no problem getting the harness cap to snap back on. I also got the GP shift set up with good clearance between the shift rod and the frame. Thanks Lil Green Monster for your advice, that 5th washer did the trick. ;) $350 for new rearsets to do this?!?! I don't think so but new rear sets will be in my future, just too poor right now. Haven't been on the bike since track days at VIR last weekend so I'm gonna go see if the butt dyno can tell a difference with the jump and also see how many times I mis-shift getting used to the new set up! Peace.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i also just did the jumper mod.... it's a noticeable difference...feels very "raw" from 13k on...can't believe it only took my 20 min, i should of done it on day one!

·
44,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by hoser
bout damn time prs...lol it gives a little over-rev boost and its FREE!! ive contemplated gp shift, but would probably hurt the bike/myself...lol
LOL I know, I know. Sad thing is, once I started getting the bike street ready, I started cleaning her up and the next thing I knew, the races were starting and I was tired after lots of yard work. SO, I cracked a beer and watched another predictable 2 AMA Super Bike races and didn't even ride today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :D

·
44,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dwillits (from scpmc.net) and i are doing beaverun in october, your at the track about every damn weekend so you should hit it with us...
What's your plan? You staying over the night before or getting up really early and driving out?? You riding with NESBA? I'd love to hit Beaver, I hear it's a good track.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I spend so little time over 13K (like never) that I removed the jumper mod so that I wouldn't have to worry about it should it ever go to the dealer and they hook up some diagnostic tool to that connector.

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by prs

What's your plan? You staying over the night before or getting up really early and driving out?? You riding with NESBA? I'd love to hit Beaver, I hear it's a good track.
yep riding with nesba... im just going to get up early and drive out and back that day. i did a try the track at beaverun but havent done a full fledged track day, so im lookin forward to it.

·
44,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yep riding with nesba... im just going to get up early and drive out and back that day. i did a try the track at beaverun but havent done a full fledged track day, so im lookin forward to it.
How long does it take you to drive out there?

·
Registered
759 Posts
takes around 2 hours i think
I would plan on a solid 2.5 hours unless you're driving way over the speed limit on the Turnpike. It's 140+ miles from Bedford to Wampum.

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by garry

I would plan on a solid 2.5 hours unless you're driving way over the speed limit on the Turnpike. It's 140+ miles from Bedford to Wampum.
ive only made the trip once, and i left way early just to make sure... i do have a hard time doing the speed limit on the pike though...lol that road is just sooooo damn boring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.