Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I went to the dealer yesterday and found a 2002 Red ZX-6R. Anyone know how hard it really is to get financed for a bike? I'm 23. What are my chances on getting this bike on my own? I'm praying I get approved! I'm getting a little tired of my EX500 :)
- JV

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Do you mean the kawi financing? They want to sell bikes so they don't make it TOO hard. It may not be the cheaspest way to do it long-term, but 6 or 12 months with 0 payments is good. Transfer the balance elsewhere when it's up if ya want. if it's the difference between getting the bike or not go for it. A bank will be harder to qualify with.

·
Registered
778 Posts
In NYC they are very selective, you have to have above average credit and not owe a lot of cash.

In NYC Credit has gotten so bad dealers are now charging to run credit checks ($50) because most people who want them can't get them unless they have the cash.

A motorcycle is considered a LUXURY Vehicle and Financing is a bit harder to get.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're saying Kawasaki financing is easier to get than say, Household or Conseco???? If that's the case, then maybe I'll try them!

quote:
Do you mean the kawi financing? They want to sell bikes so they don't make it TOO hard. It may not be the cheaspest way to do it long-term, but 6 or 12 months with 0 payments is good. Transfer the balance elsewhere when it's up if ya want. if it's the difference between getting the bike or not go for it. A bank will be harder to qualify with.

·
Registered
778 Posts
quote:
So you're saying Kawasaki financing is easier to get than say, Household or Conseco???? If that's the case, then maybe I'll try them!

quote:

The thing is with the KAWASAKI financing they don't give you a whole hell of a lot of money. So far I haven't heard of one person that was able to get full financing from Kawasaki!

Try it and see what comes of it, if you don't have to pay then its no biggie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
quote:

So far I haven't heard of one person that was able to get full financing from Kawasaki!

That sounds strange. I'm 23 and I was financed for a few extra thousand dollars through kawasaki. It was the 0,0,0 deal if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Honestly I don't know, especially since you're in the US. I financed my new bike (the diff anyway) thru them, no payments for 6 months. Didn't have a problem, but I'm 28 and have a decent credit rating. I think the kawi dealer can tell you the interest rate on the kawi financing. Compare that to the 2 places you mentioned and go for the one that's lowest.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
quote:
Honestly I don't know, especially since you're in the US. I financed my new bike (the diff anyway) thru them, no payments for 6 months. Didn't have a problem, but I'm 28 and have a decent credit rating. I think the kawi dealer can tell you the interest rate on the kawi financing. Compare that to the 2 places you mentioned and go for the one that's lowest.

[/quote]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm. Great job and great credit? Or average everything? If you don't mind me asking. And what was the total they gave you?

[/quote]

That sounds strange. I'm 23 and I was financed for a few extra thousand dollars through kawasaki. It was the 0,0,0 deal if that makes a difference.

[/quote]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Don't worry about the financing, just make sure that you can get yourself insured first. There's a big difference between a EX and an R.

Just my worthless .02, after I picked up my bike and Geico wouldn't carry me. Married, 27, two kids, three othr cars and one bike with them.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thiking that I would just get liability, since some company's don't require you have full coverage. Would that be as stupid as it sounds? Getting just liability??? It's outrageous the quotes I see for full coverage.

quote:
Don't worry about the financing, just make sure that you can get yourself insured first. There's a big difference between a EX and an R.

Just my worthless .02, after I picked up my bike and Geico wouldn't carry me. Married, 27, two kids, three othr cars and one bike with them.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Fairly stupid if you plan on riding it at all, and some/most/all (I don't know) states require collision and loss replacement for encumbered property by law.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
147 Posts
www.peoplefirst.com

check these guys out for motorcycle financing... they have some decent rates, and unless your credit is lousy you should have no problem getting enough for a brand new bike. they are very well known and reputable.

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

·
Registered
147 Posts
oh, about just liability... at least get comprehensive coverage too, because bikes tend to get stolen pretty easily... (not sure if comprehensive covers theft in all states.... i know that is what you need to buy in PA to have theft covered). take a look at
www.r1-forum.com sometime, it seems that a bike per day gets lifted from some poor sap that posts on that site.

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.