Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I’m not a fan. It looks pretty botched. The edges are all crappy. Looks like you used a paintbrush you would paint a house with or something. It’s a shame too because I like the paintjob on your bike and you did have a decent helmet there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m not a fan. It looks pretty botched. The edges are all crappy. Looks like you used a paintbrush you would paint a house with or something. It’s a shame too because I like the paintjob on your bike and you did have a decent helmet there.
I dont know which edges you mean. if you mean the black bottom rim With excess white paint that just the electric tape with over spray that i forgot to take off before the pics. But if you mean something else, all i can say is im not a pro, all i used was tape and spray paint. I just wanted a quick inexpensive paint job.

·
Registered
180 Posts
White helmets always grab my attention on the road...so def a lil safer

you spray paint it??
I bought a solid white EXO-700 for that very reason. I much prefer the looks of some of the painted ones but white is MUCH more visible and every little bit helps. Most riders are more into appearance than safety IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_helmet
Although black helmets are popular among motorcyclists, they offer the least visibility to motorists. A rider wearing a plain white helmet rather than a black one reduces his or her chance of collision by 24% [8][9] because it is so much more visible — day or night. Nevertheless, black helmets outsell white ones (photo, above) by 20:1.[citation needed] Helmets of other colors vary in the visibility they provide to motorists by where they fall on a scale from black to white.

Tim

·
Registered
647 Posts
It looks good, man. I like the fact that it's 3/4 white also. They do grab more attention and are way more rare to see on the road. Plus it matches your bike, that's extra points right there.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I bought a solid white EXO-700 for that very reason. I much prefer the looks of some of the painted ones but white is MUCH more visible and every little bit helps. Most riders are more into appearance than safety IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_helmet
Although black helmets are popular among motorcyclists, they offer the least visibility to motorists. A rider wearing a plain white helmet rather than a black one reduces his or her chance of collision by 24% [8][9] because it is so much more visible — day or night. Nevertheless, black helmets outsell white ones (photo, above) by 20:1.[citation needed] Helmets of other colors vary in the visibility they provide to motorists by where they fall on a scale from black to white.

Tim
This is just commom sense. A white helmet stands out. Which is why I don't understand why many helmet manufacturers offer solid black helmets and not solid white ones. Some manufacturers will offer 10 different choices of graphics and solids on one particular model, but if you're looking for solid white you're out of luck. It seems to be the least popular color for helmets even if it is the safest. Go figure...:(

·
Registered
296 Posts
get you a dark smoke visor and you'll be ready to roll!

and for the visibility record, i do love the blacked out look of my x-11 :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is just common sense. A white helmet stands out. Which is why I don't understand why many helmet manufacturers offer solid black helmets and not solid white ones. Some manufacturers will offer 10 different choices of graphics and solids on one particular model, but if you're looking for solid white you're out of luck. It seems to be the least popular color for helmets even if it is the safest. Go figure...:(
That gets back to my point about rider preferences. For some reason far too many riders just choose to ignore the most basic safety options. Now, making lots of noise with loud pipes; that is very popular. White helmets, headlight modulators, light colored clothing...not so much.

The majority of the motorcycle industry advises taking the MSF class and that is where safety talk begins and ends. I actually did a fair amount of research on bike crashes before buying mine. Lots of people just throw up their hands as if it is in the hands of fate. There actually is quite a lot you can do to improve your odds. Making yourself visible is a start. Then work on your bike skills and never go out for a ride being fully alert. With years come wisdom, or at least more common sense. Perhaps they are the same thing.

Tim

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I dont know which edges you mean. if you mean the black bottom rim With excess white paint that just the electric tape with over spray that i forgot to take off before the pics. But if you mean something else, all i can say is im not a pro, all i used was tape and spray paint. I just wanted a quick inexpensive paint job.
yeah the edges toward the bottom. good to know it was just tape i couldn't really tell that by the pictures. cheers :cheers-004:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.