Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a 6 hour ride up/down/up/down big bear (hwy 18) and got the chicken strips off me rear. it was fun!!!

other than gloating about how much fun i had today, i actually had a question. well two, actually:

1) is there a way to raise the stock "rear-sets" on the 07 zx6rs? i scraped off the little nipple thing today, now i'm nipple-less on both sides :Laughing rolling:

2) i went -1/+1, i know, i should've gone +3 rear, but just wanted to see how much of a difference it was from +2. aside from that though, i noticed today that my chain SOMETIMES is hitting the swingarm... it's tensioned properly, so whats the best way for me to fix this? move the rear axle backwards? since it's properly tensioned, would i need a new chain?!

THANKS! ride safe. anyone been on any aweosome rides this weekend? share..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
need help w those questions plz.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Chains don't have tension, chains have slack. Is the chain hitting on the top or the underside of the swingarm?

If it's slapping around and hitting the underside of the swingarm then it's not properly set. If it's rubbing along the top then it's properly set.

Also if your feelers are hitting the ground you've either:
1) Got the suspension set up wrong.
2) Got the wrong body position.
3) Both of the above.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Chains don't have tension, chains have slack. Is the chain hitting on the top or the underside of the swingarm?

If it's slapping around and hitting the underside of the swingarm then it's not properly set. If it's rubbing along the top then it's properly set.

Also if your feelers are hitting the ground you've either:
1) Got the suspension set up wrong.
2) Got the wrong body position.
3) Both of the above
it's most likely my body position... but those stock rear sets just seem really low. i didn't have pants :( so i couldn't put my knee down. my current set ripped so gotta get new pants. i was just hugging the bike w inside knee and getting the closest to proper body position as i could

aren't those feelers supposed to serve as a warning (ie: the knee) that if you lean further you might be in o-shit land? correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Cycle Control makes some adjustable rearset raisers. I have em on my bike and love them. I think they are about the same price as the non-adjustable ones, which is WAY CHEAPER than new rearsets. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mac5726, THANKS MAN! that seems like the best bet for me as im on a budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts