Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
picking up my 02 zx-6r this saturday. cant wait,its my first big bike,ive only ever had 2-strokes in the past(rgv250,kr1,350 powervalve),and have been using a 50cc moped for the last few years for cutting about on.
have bitten the bullet,and am picking up the new beastie on saturday.
looking forward to it sooooo much,suspect it may not be the same as the moped where its either full throttle or full brakes 8 ))
needless to say,can see me taking it easy for a while.
cheers,
col

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congratulations!

Recommend you take it REALLY easy for the first few months - the ZX-6r isn't a beginners bike and will have a lot more power than your previous mounts. Keep the revs down and be careful with the throttle.

cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks,
fully intend to take it very easy. never had anything this new either,and have had a few falls in the past,from mountain bikes/motorbikes/out of bed 8 ))
36 hours and counting,shame the weathers so crap here just now in scotland.
cheers,
col

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went over to Scotland 7 years ago.. just got a rail pass and slept in the stations for a month. My favourite part, by far, was Wick, right at the Northern tip. Great people, great scenery. I wish I had a motorcycle when I was there.

Originally posted by saxoboy
many thanks,
fully intend to take it very easy. never had anything this new either,and have had a few falls in the past,from mountain bikes/motorbikes/out of bed 8 ))
36 hours and counting,shame the weathers so crap here just now in scotland.
cheers,
col

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep,
roads up north are excellent. great views,twisty corners,expensive petrol,nice people as you say. lot of the main roads heading up north now have speed cameras on them,but if you want to hammer along in a straight line,you can always buy a GS1000 or similar.
cheers,
col

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.