Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, pretty new to the site. Have not had much time on a bike but want to get one. I found a 1998 zx-6r with 4500 one owner miles. My boss is selling it. I have an atv worth about $3200. We were thinking of a trade. He would include a kawi jacket and helmet with the bike and the bike has a pipe. I would like to know what this bike is worth. Or if this is a resonably fair trade. I am tired of my atv, I dont realy ride it much and I would like to get my bike permit and license.

·
Registered
875 Posts
doesn't seem too bad to me, but take the msf class and see if he'll let you take it up and down the block a few times so you can see if you're comfortable on it.

Know that you will make mistakes as you learn to ride, and you will have less margin for error on a zx6 than something with less power.

Have fun and ride safe

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I think that would be a decent trade. Do you use your atv or is it just sitting around? Obviously you'd get way more use out of the 6r than the atv. Go for it and let us know, and show some pics!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
It's a good trade. Go for it!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Good trade. DO IT NOW!! (Arnold voice)

--David

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Hell, I use the bike AND the ATV... The bike gets more saddle time, of course, but when I use the ATV, I USE it, if you know what I mean... a day on the trails is a trip of an entirely different flavor. Especially when those trees jump out in front of me...lol. Endo city!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sounds good, get on road and get off the dirt.

--Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.