Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Im not mistaken, arent F2 and F3s CBR's not ninja??!?!?!?!?!

How Can I convince my Dad I'm a better rider than he will ever be?!?!?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by MiniTuckin

If Im not mistaken, arent F2 and F3s CBR's not ninja??!?!?!?!?!

How Can I convince my Dad I'm a better rider than he will ever be?!?!?
That's true too. I think my bike is an F2 model.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys. I know there are a few people with the earlier generation 6r's. If you have the old school ones (f1,f2,f3), could you post'em. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, thanks Tommy. Good lookin' bike you got there. Yes, I do have an F2 as well. I bought it awhile back, but it's been in the shop for the past month getting tuned in and rejetted. It's supposed to be my track/race bike so it only has sharkskinz. I just wanted to see what a bike with stock fairings looks like. BTW, how does she handle? Solid? Is the steering/turning heavy or slow? How's the low end? As you can see, I'm very anxious to get on it. Can't wait.....

-Young

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
It handles great as long as the tires are properly inflated and the suspension is set correctly. The low end on this bike is sweet. My bike is geared low (I think it's one tooth down in the front and two teeth up in back) so my low end is very torquey. I love it, but top end suffers because of this, only 132 mph at redline! I am considering going back to stock gearing, except for the front sprocket, since my bike wheelies easy anyway. Put it this way, my buddy has a '99 CBR F4i, and I can beat him until I hit 130 mph.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, redline at 132? Not that I will going that fast anytime soon. My bike currently has a 44t on the rear with just the stock 15t in the front. I also have -1,+2,+3,and +5 spares. I was contemplating on whether or not I should put on the -1 in the front. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess with my current setup, it will still only hit 132 if I'm correct. +4 = -1,+2? Eh, maybe I'll just throw on the +2 on the rear for more top end.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
The taller you go in back, the more LOW end you will get. The SMALLER you go in front, you will aso get more LOW end. I think that I read somewhere on the forum that three teeth up in back is roughly equal to going down one tooth in front, if that helps you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
just got a '96 one recently and loving it.
check for pics here: /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3255
i got rid of the zx6r and hindle stickers and did a tune up, rides and looks much better now. :D

##Martin##
'96 ZX6R / Full Hindle Sport Exhaust / Jetted / Upgraded Clutch

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Phutura, that's one of the cleanest.....and I mean cleanest looking f-models I've seen. I saw it when you first got it and still think it looks sweet. Thanks. I'll try to get some pics up asap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanx mang, it does look clean in the pics, and it is clean for its year and usage, i agree, but it also has a few bad things you cant see in the pics. for instance, the clearcoat on the back wheel is a piece of shit and its gone in lots of places (makes me wanna repaint the wheels or buy a good condition used one). the big black dot you see behind the front blinker is actually where the plastic is cracked. im sure if i was the first owner this bike would be in immaculate condition, but oh well. i still get looks from people all the time, even though the bike isnt new, it might be the hindle exhaust though, that thing is pure sex. [:p] im gonna take some new pics tomorrow so you can see her without the stickers and ill also take some combo shots with my new helmets. [8D]

cheers!

##Martin##
'96 ZX6R / Full Hindle Sport Exhaust / Jetted / Upgraded Clutch

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by NinjuR

Hey Phutura, that's one of the cleanest.....and I mean cleanest looking f-models I've seen. I saw it when you first got it and still think it looks sweet. Thanks. I'll try to get some pics up asap.
Ouch, that hurts man.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nah, not baggin' on your bike, Tommy. I just meant that Phutura's looks like it just it was tripple waxed or something. Your's is pretty darn clean as well. Atleast you have stock fairings with regular paint. It's better than my $50 DIY paint job that I have on my bike. But what-the-hey, it's for the track so I'm not trippin' 'bout the way it looks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Tommy, what kind of jet kit do u have w/ that Muzzy? Can you tell you the difference on the low/mid range or does it only help top-end?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Damn, you got some good eyes:D
Actually, the Muzzy was on it when I bought it, so I have no
idea what kind of jet kit is on it. I also don't know what it
rode like without the Muzzy, so I can't really tell you how much
it affected the performance. I can tell you, though, that the bike
is a demon[}:)]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.