Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at this 2005 Kawasaki zzr600 and the guy says he had they shifter bearing replaced and the mechanic said that the main bearing is going out. I don't know what to look up or where exactly that is. any help would be great I really want to get this bike but I want to know what I'm getting into before I get it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Mechanic needs to be a lot more specific for you to get a meaningful answer here imho.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
chances are he's referring to the main input bearing off the clutch basket........its pinched together by the cases. Split them to replace it.............but it's very rare that these fail, unless extreme milage and or oil contamination that made them fail...........then that means bigger problems coming down the pipe.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I dunno, The input shaft Bearing is only a caged needle roller, When we refer to The Main Bearing most people think of the Main Bearings..

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
when replacing the shifter bearing, you have to remove the clutch basket, so i assume he was referring to the input shaft bearing, which is a large ball bearing style. If the clutch basket bearing is going(needle bearing) then thats an easy replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts