Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. got my 06 ZX6R yesterday, Im interested in starting to do the essentials. Im very new to the sportbike world, and was wondering if you more experienced fold could reccomend some good brands. Im interested in sliders, a tank bra, fender eliminater, and eventually an exhaust. Money is kind of tight, but I dont want to buy something thats gonna fall apart in a year. as fas as sliders go, I REALLY dont want to cut the plastics, but I want something thats going to hold up if, god forbid, I end up laying the bike down. Thanks for all the help guys.

Alex

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not dead set against it, I was just hoping that someone made a set that held up well when used but wouldnt make me cut the plastics.

alex

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I got my fender eliminator from Bertja (check the stickies) for $45 and it's worked really well so far. Others are more expensive but this looks nicer than anything else I've seen.

I got my bike in May and have gone straight cosmetic mods (cowl, turn signals, FE, etc.) - nothing performance wise yet. I guess it just depends on your style. Personally I absolutely hate the stock turn signals and fender. I can't ride around with that shit, regardless of the fact that I'm broke.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jardine makes a nice exhaust, deep down low and high pitched scream up top. It comes with a nice eliminator and a FI fix.

I recommend it.

I have shogun no-cut sliders. So far they've held up really well to not falling down.

Buy your parts on E-bay, too. A lot of those E-bay stores have good prices.

Leather first, speed and looks second. Be safe.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would say sliders first. You can make your own fe for about $5. Knowing that now I would never pay for another one. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with the fender elim. Get that bulky crap off there first, those things are ugly. I would save yourself the money though and find a nice exhaust with the fender eliminator. I have the two bros. it's loud, but def. not cheap and if I had to do it over again I would buy a crappy full exhaust for the same price....or just spend a few extra on a nice on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
oh yeah and the no cut sliders...I like them, no problems yet. no crashes either, but I'll keep everyone posted. Who knows when I will get to test them out for everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.