Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my brakes working right and took the bike out to a great canyon road with lots of twisties. IT WAS UNREAL! I had a blaaast on this bike, I had never riden a modern sportbike, just cruizers and restored bikes, I could not believe how fast I was taking turns.
I had so much fun that on a straight stretch (there arent many on the road I was on) I down shifted to first, chopped the throttle at 5500rpm. and the front wheel came right up. I had read so many posts about people having trouble getting this bike to wheelie that I was a little scared when the front came way up (maybe 10:30) and set it down right away. I see some stand ups in the future!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
great to hear! keep it up! lol though not always, you gotta stop for lights sometime

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
what does a 10:30 whelie look like[?]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
LMAO...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I guess it depends on what direction you are heading because sometimes I do a 2:30 which is like a 10:30 only going the other way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have been keeping it at 9:00 lately. I suck at wheelies and no wheelie is better than a really stupid looking one. Guess it was beginners luck.
Im going to stick to cornering and try to get on a track soon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allright, I did a good one today. At least 10:45-11:00 :D It was on the same road at the same place. This is why I think they are so easy there, good traction, hot tire, and I am coming off a turn at high speed and down shift hitting first at about 10000 so I wait for it to get down to 5500-6000 and chop the throttle. This creates a bounce coming down from higher rpm. I was having trouble when I would start from a stop and bring it up to 5500 then chop, I didnt get the bounce. I also think its cause I do this after an awsome road that really gets the blood pumping so I am all fired up feelin cool.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You think thats bad you should see me down shift in third to 12k then push to 15k and upshift. I like to beat on the poor thing.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by dtmsurf
You think thats bad you should see me down shift in third to 12k then push to 15k and upshift. I like to beat on the poor thing.
That's the only way you can ride a 6 fast. Keep them RPM's up there and ride the piss out of it. Try it you'll like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.