Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new TOBY damoer out for a spin last night. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!

Yes these bikes maybe don;t need it, but damn well it loves it!!!!
All I can say is taht I vow never to get a bike without a steering damper ever again!!!! I cant believe how it smoothed out my 6R!!!!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
[:TTIWWOP]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
A GPR is probably the next thing on my list to get. I've modded the hell out of mine, but not been sold 100% on a damper. I guess I don't want to come off $350 but probably will anyway. It's a good thing to have.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
good peace of advice to have one if your planning on riding like the bike was made to be ridden..
My hyper-pro did what it was supposed to do, act like it was never there...yet stop any headshake.
Good insurance for sure

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I want a damper too.. I think it not only provides obvious aesthetic improvements, but it is a good thing to have for your own peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Agreed. I've had head shakes when I ride really hard. GPR is next on my list.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've been debating the issue like everyone else. Only headshake i've experienced is under EXTREME hard acceleration going into red-line through the gears...but otherwise very rarely. Does it improve turning capabilities because I ride the shit outa my turns and The bike is sturdy as hell...Maybe i'm just really really good :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just put my GPR on a few days ago and its amazing!! The first day I had it on I went out and smashed some roads with it and played with settings. I tell you thing, that little knob dial is a wonderful thing. If I'm out railing, I like the damper on about 5. The whole bike just settles down and feels controlled through a corner. But when you are in town, make sure you are back below 5 (even 4.5 works) as you can't hardly turn the bars with it set that high! But it is definitely one of the better items bought for the bike.

Congrats on your Toby, I was debating on the 916 style damper but ended up with mine instead.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
OK lets see some pics. I wanna see which damper looks like what on our bikes. Start posting peoples, I am going to get one this winter, along with alot of other mods and I wanna see who's looks the best (gold prefered)...lol...sorry to jack the thread.[:TTIWWOP]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm curious if somebody has a magma '05 with an orange GPR. I like the black, gold, and orange. I'll go with gold if the orange is way off.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
I'm curious if somebody has a magma '05 with an orange GPR. I like the black, gold, and orange. I'll go with gold if the orange is way off.
I'm planning to do gold. Blue or black would be cool, but gold would be sick on mine in my opinion. Can't go wrong with that on yours either.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
lets see here is the hyper-pro...best looking..excpet for the harris Ohlins..Sorry couldnt find the close up damnit

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
I've been debating the issue like everyone else. Only headshake i've experienced is under EXTREME hard acceleration going into red-line through the gears...but otherwise very rarely. Does it improve turning capabilities because I ride the shit outa my turns and The bike is sturdy as hell...Maybe i'm just really really good :D
If you ride smooth no head shake if you ride very hard you will get them. last season once is a blue moon I got them, now I have to back off the throttle not to get them.

I ride make air pressure and the suspension set at factory settings. I'll get the GPR next year.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i have the scotts and have had hell finding a allen key that fits the lower screws that tighten onto the nut, know the size? and its even harder to find one thats short enough to hit something when i tighten it.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yea, my GPR made the bike ride like a different bike. I started off riding at 2, now 3. Now 3 feels really soft, should I keep going higher and higher?!? ahah

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
hookie I'll post pics of my gold damper with the magma red..tomorrow

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by S4one
Yea, my GPR made the bike ride like a different bike. I started off riding at 2, now 3. Now 3 feels really soft, should I keep going higher and higher?!? ahah
I have found a setting of about 6 to be perfect for the GPR for my style. Keeps the front end straight while allowing easy steering.

I started at about 2 and went up a notch when I started to feel like you do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.