Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike on her first road trip. A 140 mile trek from jacksonville Fl to valdosta ga and let me tell you rain sucks at 90 miles an hour. Anyway it was a great ride none the less and I look forward to doing it again. Any comments please feel free to post.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Rain does suck at those sorts of speeds. Just remember, when you're next riding fast in the rain, that bikes can aquaplane too, even with good tyres on. It's certainly "interesting" when you're out on a deserted, fast backroad and the rear wheel starts to spin up for no apparent reason through a bend at, say, 120mph.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Yeah, especially the big fat tropical raindrops we get down here. A good rainsuit does more than just keep you dry - it stops the "needles & pins" (small drops) and "shot w/ a shotgun" (big drops) sensation that you get at speed without protection. Lightweight and mesh jackets don't help much; leather works fine, but who wants soggy leather??/

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Easy tip for rain to not be so painful.....Don't go 90mph!!

--David

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used to live in Ga, but the northern part. I love long trips, mostly twisties.[:Agree]
Don't do 90mph!

--Anthony

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
What the fuck are you thinking riding in the rain at 90mph?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like this Quote "Easy tip for rain to not be so painful.....Don't go 90mph!!" But the best is MOVE TO CALIFORNIA! We dont have to deal with that stuff.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'll be the first to say, if you went that fast in the rain, I'm glad you made it home in one piece to tell us about it. Nothing like getting caught in rain, is it? Sucks.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
I'll be the first to say, if you went that fast in the rain, I'm glad you made it home in one piece to tell us about it. Nothing like getting caught in rain, is it? Sucks.
Yes, it definitely sucks.. but balls to the wall is not the way to go when you get caught in the rain. Either find something to hide underneath (gas station, overpass, etc), or suck it up as a loss and arrive where ever you were going.......... wet.

I'd rather make it home wet than not make it home at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.