Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

My name is Josh, I'll be 20 years old soon, and this past Friday I picked up my 2007 Ninja 650R (blue). It is stock and was barely broken in with only 370 miles on it. It was traded in at a Suzuki dealership and I think the $5500 I paid for it out-the-door was a good deal. Since about 5 o'clock Friday I've out about 400 miles on the bike getting to it in the hills of south western Pennsylvania.

This is my first street bike and I'm very excited have purchased it.

I live in the Ligonier area and in the summer here I do landscaping and construction for my neighbor, but I go to school at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York, for Mechanical Engineering Technology. I look forward to making the 6 hour ride on my bike.

I'm a Jeep fanatic and I enjoy weight lifting and working out.

Right now I'm excited just to have the bike but already plans for modifications are running through my head to make the bike unique and my own.

I have experience with custom neon lighting so I'm thinking some blue cold cathodes under the bike would look good.

Maybe painting the wheels a very dark blue would look good.

I need a tank pad and I'm thinking about a fender eliminator for the rear plastic fender.

I plan on doing some long trips because I already love to ride so maybe a Corbin seat, or just something a little bit wider...?

Anyways, I look forward to some fun riding the rest of the summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
+3... i dunno but I feel an accident coming. :(
Why would you want to manifest even the possibility of an accident? Sounds like a judgemental opinion to me....

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
Howdy!

...I'll be 20 years old soon, and this past Friday I picked up my 2007 Ninja 650R (blue)...Since about 5 o'clock Friday I've out about 400 miles on the bike getting to it in the hills of south western Pennsylvania.

This is my first street bike...

I look forward to making the 6 hour ride on my bike.

I plan on doing some long trips

just screams trouble to me... riding hard before really knowing how kind of thing... I dunno.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
cheers!! welcome to the board. good choice for a first street bike. enough power to keep you interested but not so much that you will be over your head. contrary to our esteemed sd something or other mr. 500 rider you sound like ur taking the right approach to riding. have fun and be safe. gear up too man. you haven't responded to any of the gear comments so i'm hoping you did that when you bought the bike.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Greets & Welcome. Good bike, the 650r...

In addition to getting & wearing) good protective gear, I have two suggestions...

first - don't be in such a hurry to be riding hard - it's a sure way to wreck the bike and hurt yourself. Learn the basics and the skills will come with experience. We have too many newbs already who think they can ride like Rossi with 3 whole weeks of riding under their belts...

2nd - don't even THINK of painting the wheels - powder coating is FAR better - in looks and durability.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Howdy!

My name is Josh, I'll be 20 years old soon, and this past Friday I picked up my 2007 Ninja 650R (blue). It is stock and was barely broken in with only 370 miles on it. It was traded in at a Suzuki dealership and I think the $5500 I paid for it out-the-door was a good deal. Since about 5 o'clock Friday I've out about 400 miles on the bike getting to it in the hills of south western Pennsylvania...

...I'm a Jeep fanatic and I enjoy weight lifting and working out..
OMG A/S/L???!!

J/K have fun dude and ride safe! :)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
welcome. get some gear and dont ride beyond your abilities. (and buy some thick ass gloves, to fight the numbness caused by the MASSIVE vibration from that twin 650)
There is a guy who has never ridden a motard :D

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
418 Posts

Howdy!

My name is Josh, I'll be 20 years old soon, and this past Friday I picked up my 2007 Ninja 650R (blue). It is stock and was barely broken in with only 370 miles on it. It was traded in at a Suzuki dealership and I think the $5500 I paid for it out-the-door was a good deal. Since about 5 o'clock Friday I've out about 400 miles on the bike getting to it in the hills of south western Pennsylvania.

This is my first street bike and I'm very excited have purchased it.

I live in the Ligonier area and in the summer here I do landscaping and construction for my neighbor, but I go to school at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York, for Mechanical Engineering Technology. I look forward to making the 6 hour ride on my bike.

I'm a Jeep fanatic and I enjoy weight lifting and working out.

Right now I'm excited just to have the bike but already plans for modifications are running through my head to make the bike unique and my own.

I have experience with custom neon lighting so I'm thinking some blue cold cathodes under the bike would look good.

Maybe painting the wheels a very dark blue would look good.

I need a tank pad and I'm thinking about a fender eliminator for the rear plastic fender.

I plan on doing some long trips because I already love to ride so maybe a Corbin seat, or just something a little bit wider...?

Congrats Josh.

I had a 2006 Ninja 650 (black) for two years and then traded it in at beginning May for a black 08 ZX-6R.

The 650 bike was alot of fun to ride in the city. It was great for commuting and had excellent gas mileage. The only thing I didn't like were the high "bullhorn" bars; I replaced them with Corse racing bars which were much lower and gave the bike a better feel. I also put on a Scorpion exhaust which sounded better than the stock exhaust.

Hope you enjoy the bike as much as I did . Good Luck and Ride safe.:)

Louis

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.