Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened... Even know its total BS I still got a speeding ticket. 75 in a 60.

I was on the interstate in the left lane car in front of me, on the side, and an A. hole tailgating. So I snap the throttle cut over to the right and boom. I hear it... I pull over and the cop comes jogging up to me like I was going to run. I got off the bike and he is like my captain clocked you at 75. I was all dude the car in front and behind me were going faster then I was. Of course he is like to bad. So he walks off writes the ticket and come back. I asked to see the radar showing me doing 75 and he start making excuses around it. Ask if you would show in court as I would be there and he started getting defensive so I backed off and let it go...

So off to court I go in Nov. I don't understand if someone tailgating me and I'm moving with traffic and two cars zoom by me and I get pulled over how is that justified.

I know they were hoping I would run...

·
Registered
149 Posts
yea sorry dude shit sucks im still woundering when ima get mine and I ride every day 5,000 in 2 months hopfully i didnt jinks my self. but yea take it to court hopfully he wont show. good luck

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sucks. If you were speeding, you were speeding. Thats that. Cops target bikes. It's a fact. Keep the stupidness to a minimum and you won't have to big of a deal with cops.

The one run in with a cop and my bike turned out good. I banged out 2 gears and was doing 90 in a 45. I cut the throttle and coasted it back down. At about 65mph there was a car on my ass and it was a cop. The cop followed me for about 5-6 mi just making sure I knew how to drive properly. I left the town and we split our ways. Worked out good for me. If he would have tried to pull me over I would have pulled over and taken the ticket I deserved.

75 in a 60 isn't all that bad anyway. Go to court. Take the traffic school and move on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.