Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i got a chance to go to US41 dragway in indiana so i said what teh hell lets see what it will run....my bike is stock except for the yosh slip on and gettin rid of signals etc.....stock height, stock sprockets, not to mention that it was the first time ive ever run a bike at teh strip.....first pass was a 11.78 at 122.93mph..after a few runs i was runnin consistently between 11.58-11.30.....but about the time it started to get dark i pulled off a 11.03 at 122.95mph.....so close to the tens...my buddy has an 05 636 that he had strapped and lowered and i mean slammed and his best run was a 10.95....fastest mph i saw all day from either of us was 124-125ish...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Great job for your first day at the track...but I'm beginning to wonder the quality of my local track. It must be downhill, or less than a 1/4, because We get 600's well into the 10's all the time. I've even run a 9.89, and I'm only ok. But my first night out I couldn't break 11.4, so great job man!

·
Registered
937 Posts
What is yours and your friends weight by chance? Those are very nice times for the first time out! Congrats!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nice times for first day...a little practice you'll be doing great!....deep into the nines...with what power adders?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey, I said nothing about my bike being stock. I've got a PCIII, BMC, Hardrock Custom System, Airbox mod, and dyno tuning. I went from stock form at 102whp to 119whp with all the mods (same day test...one long day). Stock gearing tho. I don't recall the mph at the trap, the track used to do slips every friday, but now only do "heads up" racing...ghey. Nonetheless I never kept the slips figuring I'd get another one next week, now I can't. When I cross going heads up it indicates 144ish, but that could be anywhere between 135 and 140 in reality. I think the track may be downhill, after all, Spokane doesn't have alot to fund their tracks.

Oh, once again, great job your first day! Oh, ans Skye, you go to the track to make your launch better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by wfenton
What is yours and your friends weight by chance? Those are very nice times for the first time out! Congrats!
im 6'2" about 155lbs and hes about 5'5" and prolly 175ish....my biggest problem was keepin the front down even when i kept all my weight forward....haha....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by bpfeiff
Nice times for first day...a little practice you'll be doing great!....deep into the nines...with what power adders?

As long as you have a good rider, its easy to get a stock 600 into the low 10's......lower it,strap it, stretch it, gear it...exhaust,put a little tune with a pc and LQQK out 9's here we come...!!
ALOT of people dont know that GOOD riders, when they drag race, are leaving the line at FULL throttle and slipping the clutch out......not getting out and then going full throttle...[:0]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.